Other Final Fantasy Warcraft

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Special Effect of the Flowers is a flower doodad that you can attach. Idk if this helps but yeah. Keep on going :thup:

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Lol, Ayanami has a lot of spells to do too, let alone be the map. Does a lot of work, can't imagine it all D:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Found a major bug in the Grid System. So basically, in the process of basically re-writing it. Almost done with the new one though.

GOGETIA

Reaction score
So the tiles are created by a trigger that activates at game start? why? I know a game like that called Legend of the Dragon and the person who made it made the whole entire map one huge jass string. Its enormous it spawns all heroes and doodads, All text, all creep and hero revive systems, items, and TONS of spells... literaly every character has all their own spells. It in 1 of the folders on trigger menu and its only one of the white sheets. And thats the only trigger

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It's only the mapper's preference ;)
I am pretty sure he'd have a harder times making any changes in his map than if he had organized them properly according to function or whatever
Creating tiles by trigger means you could move them around and set them up however you want at anytime in the game. Creating them by placing at first could only serve as a one-time thing otherwise. Plus if you want to move them later on, you have to use trigger anyway.

correct me if I am wrong :p

on topic: I am looking forward to playing this :D

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
I challenge Whoareyou. to the first ever Public Beta !!
its a 1v1v1 FFA between me Ayanami and Who :D

doomsday

Reaction score
I challenge Whoareyou. to the first ever Public Beta !!
its a 1v1v1 FFA between me Ayanami and Who :D
no, its a 1v1v1v1. i get in because i have completed FFA2 ( the one this is based on) AND i did the terrain.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Lol, don't have to be mean, Ayanami could put in cheats lol j/k he probably doesn't but still he knows the basics and best combos I bet.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'd love to help, but it seems all I'd be good for was terraining :x and I'm not sure how it really applies with the tiles covering everything up x.x i too noob to get it t.t

or is the grid spawned just to available positions around the player whos turn it is, then despawn when their turn is over? if so, then the terrain would be relevant when it wasn't your turn x.x

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
nevar enuf x.x's and t.t's as long as you have an infinite amount of PewPew's

and i thought it was going to be multitype-terrained?

edit: nvm, didn't see this.
Well, terrain isn't really a option as the "Tiles" are really just dummy units, covering the floor.

though, i think that can be bypassed if you despawned them when they were unnecessary

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
about terraining.., maybe they could also come in different heights. meaning cliffs (sorry I don't know much about terraining, so excuse my vocab here :p)

maybe could do something like this?
attachment.php

where the green grids are passable and stopable (having the unit stay there)
and the red grids (on the slopes) are passable but not stopable?

with a cliff like this, the corners (not red and not green) are not within gameplay so doodads could be put there :)

also with different height, you could also make range attack deals more damage if the attacker is in higher ground :D and therefore, lower damage if attacking target on higher ground etc.

it's just that terrain does not necessarily have to be there only for decoration right? =]

Attachments

• sc2.JPG
    sc2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 343

doomsday

Reaction score
u guys dont get it, the map initialises THEN all the "dummy" units (tiles) are spawned ONTOP of the terrain using a trigger that ayanami has put into the terrain which i did.
or so i think...

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Umm, yes I did get that much, it's just that I have no idea of how difficult it would be for the trigger creating dummies to leave out certain ranges matching condition..
sorry, I didn't mean to be rude there:(

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Question is, is ayanami's system built for being able to travel the terrain and is the spawning trigger able correctly place them in areas that transition between the heights (like your ramps) Because the only system ive ever seen like this before (unit placing that is) couldn't be used on more then 1 level of terrain unless you separately triggered in each region of height

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Question is, is ayanami's system built for being able to travel the terrain and is the spawning trigger able correctly place them in areas that transition between the heights (like your ramps) Because the only system ive ever seen like this before (unit placing that is) couldn't be used on more then 1 level of terrain unless you separately triggered in each region of height

Well, for the beta, I'm not planning to make any height differences.

Currently, I've been scratching my head figuring out making tiles in different tiles. I guess I'll fix that in the later versions. For now, I'll start developing the map.

As for the terrain, thanks to both Sajin and doomsday. However, I don't think the tiles will fit into the different cliffs, waters, etc. Could I request it to be a flat land? Although that may look pretty ugly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.