Finally i got it ! :DVD N-591 + Crayon Shin Chan

litoskin

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Finally after almost 10 year in searchin it i had found one of my secret dreams :
the korean nuon with crayon shin chan plus shiro movie and extra.
here is the youtube video of the unboxing:
(sorry for my english speaking:oops:)
As soon as i have some time i will make some videos and photos of the system and games.
I have just tried Crayon Shin Chan and i could say it's much better than i expected.
I will try to make a review of the system and games and Kevin told me after improving my poor english text he will publish on Nuon-dome ;)

Serblander

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS litoskin! WOW, what an achievement for your collection! I just watched your video (thank you for posting) and had (actually i STILL have) a smile from ear to ear! :D

Can i ask where you got it from? Was it from the seller on Amazon? If so i hope you talked him down a bit in price. In any case, congratulations again on such a rare find and ESPECIALLY in such FANTASTIC/MINT condition! :)

Oh, and no worries: your English is much better than my Italian! ;)

gamemaster

Reaction score
I would love to know if the n591 plays the other games at all. I heard it doesn't. You said something about a mail in ballastic game. I wonder if there is a korean version of ballastic. Can you get either the movie or game to play on any other system? What about with the emulator? Congrads on a great purchase.

Masematte

Reaction score
Wow, congratulations, what was the price ?

so it really the holy shit for nuon, or the n504 from Switzerlamd

litoskin

Reaction score
I would love to know if the n591 plays the other games at all. I heard it doesn't. You said something about a mail in ballastic game. I wonder if there is a korean version of ballastic. Can you get either the movie or game to play on any other system? What about with the emulator? Congrads on a great purchase.

I have made some test and i was able to get more information :
1-crayon shin chan will not play on other nuon systems
2-no the dvd n 591 will not play other nuon games (the games starts untill the nuon logo after that a koream message appears and the player eject the disk :) )
3-a flyer inside the dvd box explain that a ballistic game is available by mail order (it is written in korean i 'm not able to translate it,maybe another game was available for the korean Nuon but i doubt it was really available but who knows....).
4-Shiri movie is a special edition (with Nuon add on ) it will not play on normal Nuon players becouse the area code (3).
the dvd n591 will play only NTSC video format dvd (area free PAL movies don't work NTSC area free works!).
5-The standard controllers works on korean Nuon
6- Crayon shin chan is quite easy but is very long...unfortunately the samsung controller is so crazy...you must pay lot of attention during play because you must use the small central buttons (A and B)and if you press by mistake during play (and is very easy belive me)the menù button (that is 2 mm near A and B)the games come back to start menù and you must start again .The game itself is much better than expected and the quality improve from one stage to the next.(i will send you more videos and photos as soon as possible).

I bought it from okiyasu i paid it a lot but i'm quite happy about how i have spent my money;) .

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to use a different controller if you want to play Crayon Shin Chan - that Samsung button layout is really bad! I think I used mine once and then it went up on the shelf :)

Serblander

Reaction score
You said something about a mail in ballastic game. I wonder if there is a korean version of ballastic.
Now this is a very interesting thought! If this is true then, well... the hunt is on! If there was a mail away Ballistic for the Korean market then what would the chances be of it having been redeemed? I mean, do we have any idea of just what the N-591 did like sales wise in Korea? Are there any know NUON collectors in the community that are of Korean heritage that anyone knows? This is one mystery i would love to solve!

What about with the emulator?
Food for thought. Have you tried that yet litoskoin?

Serblander

Reaction score
so it really the holy shit for nuon, or the n504 from Switzerlamd
If you put it that way, i see the Korean model as the 'Holy Shit' and the Swiss model like a 'Righteous Poo' :D

I would say rarity wise = the N-591 but all purpose practicality wise = the N-504.

Serblander

Reaction score
3 - a flyer inside the dvd box explain that a ballistic game is available by mail order (it is written in korean i 'm not able to translate it,maybe another game was available for the korean Nuon but i doubt it was really available but who knows....).
Is there a chance you could scan that Ballistic mail order flyer and post it up? It would be good to be able to confirm if that was indeed the case. I have some Korean acquaintances that would be able to translate the page for us.

4 - Shiri movie is a special edition (with Nuon add on ) it will not play on normal Nuon players becouse the area code (3).
the dvd n591 will play only NTSC video format dvd (area free PAL movies don't work NTSC area free works!).
So there IS a NUON logo on that DVD?
Also you said it will not play on other NUON's - have you tried the region free hack? (sorry, but i'm trying to make sense of this)

I bought it from okiyasu i paid it a lot but i'm quite happy about how i have spent my money;) .
Is this the guy that was selling it on Amazon the other week? The Amazon guy had a different username on there.

Thanks for all your experimentation and investigation. I know i speak for all of us when i say its very much appreciated. :)

litoskin

Reaction score
img0563es.jpg

litoskin

Reaction score
here is the flyer ! i'm not very good with the korean :)
for the shiri movie it has not nuon logo over it the only thing i can understend it's on titles menu is written special edition in big letters but on box or over the dvd it is not written anything in normal characters only in korean mystery language.
i'm not sure it's a nuon film but the special edition reminds me : the adventure of Buckaroo Banzai which is a special edition too but who knows ...;)
i have not tried the region hack(only tested the dvd and game on my n2000) because i have not the remote controller okiyasu told me it was on the box but he has not sent me :mad:(i hope he will send to me in the next days...)it works perfectly with my extiva dvd n2000 remote with all functions so it's not a big problem but the dvd n20o0 has not the repeat button.
Tomorrow i will serch for the dvd n505 remote that has the repeat button and i will try.

adolobe

Cool Member
Reaction score
Cool videos. there has been one of these on Amazon.com for the past year but it was almost $2k asking price. I noticed I couldnt find it today. By chance did you purchase that one?

litoskin

Reaction score

The last video of Crayon shin chan i put on youtube is here now you can see better how is the game.
Kevin this is my rewiew of the game;) :
It's a side scrolling beat em up for one or two players with not so bad graphics ,the game is quite easy especially on first stages but it becomes harder on the last levels. The sprites are simple but some of them are very good,the backgrounds are quite colorful but not very interactive(but you can destroy some items on the background and get prizes (recharges from your weapons ,energy and points from a large variety of them) . The stages becomes more interactive and more beautiful to play and see going forward through the game.
You have 3 button to use during play ( with original samsung controllers the using key displacement is very bad but is much better with other Nuon controllers):
-B to jump,
-A to use you hammer or fire the slected weapon
-right trigger to select the desired weapon from a large variety of them.
Animation of the sprites is not very smooth but even not so bad but the game itself is fast and controls are very natural and your hero follows your orders in the best way.
Some enemies are really big,the frame rate never go down even if the screen is full of moving sprites.
Shin Chan has 11 stages with 2 of them different from others.
The level 10 is a platform one without any opponents to fight ,and the last is the fight with the final Boss.
The sound effects are goods but nothing so special to remember and the music is nice and varies from stage to stage but after 2 hour of play you want to shut down the volume of your TV or you will became 3 year old :)
If i have to give a final judgment on the game i can say that probably it's a game not for expert player and too easy but is much better that i expected and it's a good add on to any Nuon collection. For me better than the Next Tetris ,Ballistic and Freefall.

FINAL JUDGEMENT:
Graphics :7,5 / 10
Sound :6,5/10
Playability :7,5/10
Replay value 8/10 (if you play with a friend i 2 player mode)
Global 7/10

Serblander

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!!! Nuon-Dome update!!! :D

It'll be great to see some new content up.

Reactions: K3V
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.