Finally i got it ! :DVD N-591 + Crayon Shin Chan

litoskin

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Did you try the movie and game with the n501 in region free mode?

yes i tried tonight the dvd hack an it works !!! you must use area 3 code to unlock it !the korean nuon player is now able to play all reagion movies but only on ntsc format (not PAL).
it is still not able to play normal nuon games.
Now we know more things about this player!

litoskin

Reaction score
Will you be able to find out if the movie has nuon features?
Thanks
i think it has becouse it is written special edition (the only thing written in english on the dvd manual and menù) all dvd options and all menu of the the player are in korean language with strage caracters so i'm not able to understand anything. i tried to use Shiri movie on dvd n504 even with code hack but it does not play.

gamemaster

Reaction score
Are the menus similar to the other nuon movies to compare were to access the nuon feature? Did you try the movie on the n501 with the code hack? When okisayo was selling the system about a year and a half ago, I asked people if they thought the game was playable on a n501 with the region hack, and a former developer said he remembered playing it on a n501, but couldn't remember how they got it to work.....

litoskin

Reaction score
no i have not tested it on the 501 only on the 504 (i have not the 501 only the N2000 and there it does not work)
A friend of mine has the 501 so maybe i will test it in the near future...the menu is different from other nuon movies (i d0n't know exactly because now i left the nuon movies in my old house and i bust go there to pick up them).The bigger problem is on the dvd player menu that is in complete korean language, the 591 is very similar to the 501 but is totally different from the n2000 i have so i can have an help from it.

Serblander

Reaction score
yes i tried tonight the dvd hack an it works !!! you must use area 3 code to unlock it !the korean nuon player is now able to play all reagion movies but only on ntsc format (not PAL).
it is still not able to play normal nuon games.
Now we know more things about this player!
Thanks litoskin! I love it how after a decade of questions more and more of the mystery is uncovered. Cheers for all you work and kind sharing :)

gamemaster

Reaction score
Does the n2000 have a region free mode? Please keep us up to date. Thanks again for giving us all this new info.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Congrats - that has to be the holy grail of Nuon collecting (minus an actual dev kit of course)!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to see you still lurking around Skah T! I was just checking out the DSI site the other day.

3DOMan

Reaction score
Glad somebody bought it. I almost did, but the seller started the price at $1100 and kept raising it up and eventually wanted $2 grand. No thanks. But congratulations.

Any chance of you doing a nice high-res scan of the DVD cover for Crayon Shin Chan? I have the game but mine is loose disc-only. Would be nice to print a cover for it :)

Serblander

Reaction score
Any chance of you doing a nice high-res scan of the DVD cover for Crayon Shin Chan? I have the game but mine is loose disc-only. Would be nice to print a cover for it :)
How did you score a loose disc if i may ask? Sounds interesting :)

3DOMan

Reaction score
From an ebay seller a while back. An ebay gouger, I should say. He had a bunch of the rarer NUON stuff for sale like Iron Soldier 3, and some Jaguar stuff too.

Serblander

Reaction score
From an ebay seller a while back. An ebay gouger, I should say. He had a bunch of the rarer NUON stuff for sale like Iron Soldier 3, and some Jaguar stuff too.
Hmm, not surprised. Was just curious as to how one gets a loose rarity like that instead of the regular CIB (esp as its in a DVD case)...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A rare game bump! I wonder if we could get this to work on non Korean consoles. I wonder what the licensing issues are... The language barrier is an issue too but with so few games available for NUON this is an opportunity for us to meet up with our South Korean NUON friends :)

Last edited:

cubanismo

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
It would be great if this could be added to the archive.org bundle. That'd make it a lot easier to try hacking on it and whatnot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.