Finally own a Nuon enhanced DVD

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Spent the day walking around Kent with my wife. We hit a local book and record store and I saw Bedazzled. It was $2 so I bought it. Also got a 4-pack VHS called a Century of Flight for $2. So I finally get to test out those Nuon enhanced features and that mega-zoom without pixels on Elizabeth Hurley :)

cubanismo

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Nice! I too struck gold and found a copy of Planet of the Apes at a used book store last weekend for $4. I couldn't figure out why the NUON features weren't working, so I googled it and found this. Bummer, but the suggested workaround worked, so I got to check out some gamma zooms and viddies. I also sat through my first (and probably last) viewing of the actual film. Oof.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
we have game stores called play n trade, they typically have the nuon enhanced dvds in stock. they are just with the movies mixed in alphabetical order. they don't even know what they are so usually just a few bucks

cubanismo

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Yeah that's similar to the place I went, "BOOKOFF". It's a used book/movie/collectible toy/video game store, with the latter part expanding rapidly as retro gaming continues to grow. Their games are actually somewhat reasonably priced as far as things go these days (average eBay + shipping price ~= their price, for things like consoles that are expensive to ship you might even save a few bucks, and they tend to stock a lot of Japanese imports). Didn't spot any Nuon games unfortunately, but found the one enhanced DVD in there with the movies!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! I too struck gold and found a copy of Planet of the Apes at a used book store last weekend for $4. I couldn't figure out why the NUON features weren't working, so I googled it and found this. Bummer, but the suggested workaround worked, so I got to check out some gamma zooms and viddies. I also sat through my first (and probably last) viewing of the actual film. Oof.

I watched at least 3 times :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.