Sci/Tech Firearms research: The gun fighter

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I think Darthfett doesn't realise that no one here actually reads the articles... We just troll each other right?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
LtvNwjt.jpg

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Ugh. You like that stuff?.
Eh lol... What kind of stuff?

and keyboards write typos, cars crash into people, food poisons people, water drowns people, and gravity makes people short - anything else we should be aware of?
Of course, but assault or, whatever kind of weapons: aren't made to defend nor to hunt animals for fun. We can't ignore that weapon are deadly and does kill many people. Seriously, we can all take action to reduce gun violence. "Not by make it legal" That wouldn't help at all.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I think Darthfett doesn't realise that no one here actually reads the articles... We just troll each other right?

I have to admit that I sometimes don't, but if the article is interesting, I usually do. Most of the articles posted here are summarized well in the few paragraphs and title posted. This is one of those exceptions.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Eh, woops, I guess I didn't read the article too well. I kind of feel rather silly :oops:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Worst point ever.

How can you say that one person dying does nothing except create a new job and keep the economy running?

What if the person that takes the position fails at the job and loses some amount of money to foreign investors? How about the families of those who die that need to take time off of work therefore lowering the productivity of their respected companies?

Death does not help economies. Look at any country going through any period of death on a large scale and you will see the many flaws in your point. Ie wars or plagues.

Also; See Australia's history of Gun Ownership Legislation for a good example of how effective this principal can be. I don't understand the need to own guns at all. If the concept it to protect oneself from foreign threats then this is surely a thing of the past with advances in modern weaponry.

As for sports, I have no real say as I am not a hunter, nor have I ever shot anything live. I do think it's disgusting to do this for fun but that is just my opinion and I don't feel like the opinions of things like these should be taken into consideration.

Human life is different. Considering all the murders and massacres of late I am glad I live in a country where guns are prohibited.

One person is pretty insignificant, yes. It really does nothing for the economy, but if a lot of people die, that does a lot. Money and items flow back into circulation, dead people provide for a LOT of different jobs (the morgue is employed too. So is the graveyard, someone has to dig that hole, and granite doesn't carve itself). So what if the next person does something wrong and loses money to foreign investors? That maintains an open, sustainable system. Your points are far worse than Accname's.

War is THE most beneficial thing to an economy. Plagues? Not so much, but plagues are more often than not accompanied by sickness, and it's the sickness that really is the issue, not the death. Besides, both of those are extremely rare and atypical cases; obviously the standard rules of the economy don't stand when you're in the process of having your country blown up.

There are many uses for guns. Hunting, sport, stress relief, anger management, self defense, etc.

Human life isn't all that different. You just want it to be.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the biggest benefit of gun obsession is, that somebody is buying all this guns. It fuels economy. And only a fraction of guns bought is actually used to kill somebody or something. Most of the guns are just sitting somewhere behind glass and are only looked at by owners and enthusiasts.
Its like little girls collecting barbie dolls. There are numerous jobs behind the production and trade of weapons. All those jobs depend on the buying power.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess this is why USA is a military economy, and power state, according to Civ 3.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 6 weapon exports:
USA
Russia
Germany
France
China
Britain

pretty much the most influential countries in the world.

Edit:
On a sidenote. The USA and Russia are the first two by a BIG margin with 8 times as much then Germany on 3rd place.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The regulations are already moronically ridiculous. We don't need more restrictions; we need them to fix the restrictions already in place. Go ahead, ban guns. It would take me all of a week to find a new illegal one that you can't trace to me (and it would only take that long because I'm out in the middle of no where). If I want to kill someone, I am going to kill them. If I want to kill them with a gun, I will find a gun to do it.

FireCat

Reaction score
The regulations are already moronically ridiculous. We don't need more restrictions; we need them to fix the restrictions already in place..
No, It's Not! But I do agree. they should fix it better
Btw: If guns make us safer, America should be "the safest place on earth" But It's Not!

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Polar bears make us safer. Look at Antarctica! Zero murder rate!

FireCat

Reaction score
Hmm NOT entirely safe! It seems there's has been one murder!

When a young astrophysicist died in Antarctica, his death was blamed on natural causes. Now, David Fisher investigates whether Rodney Marks' death was the first murder on the ice

Rodney Marks was buried for a second time under the warm Australian sun, in a bush cemetery not far from the beaches he surfed as a boy. On a hill above the grave, a gum tree stands against blue skies. Close by is the beginning of the Great Ocean Rd, which chases the sun and surf west as Marks once chased his dreams, all the way to Antarctica.

It was there, in one of the world's coldest and most remote terrains, that Rodney Marks was buried for the first time. He died suddenly, and of all the questions that still surround his death, the most chilling is whether he is victim of Antarctica's first murder.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
There are no laws in Antarctica, ergo, there can be no murder.

FireCat

Reaction score
There Is! "But “nature never breaks her own laws.”

Hahaha Maybe it's more exciting. Hmm maybe not?! lol @Tom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.