World 'First Irish case' of death by spontaneous combustion

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i did read the article. lets use some quotes, shall we?

The fire had been confined to the sitting room. The only damage was to the body, which was totally burnt, the ceiling above him and the floor underneath him.
The court was told that no trace of an accelerant had been found and there had been nothing to suggest foul play.

from wikipedia on characteristics of spontaneous human combustion:
-The body is completely or almost completely incinerated, while nearby furniture that should normally have been damaged under such temperatures remains intact. Damage is limited to the victim's clothing, to the area of the floor or furniture on which they died, and to the ceiling above the corpse.
-There are no traces of fire accelerant, and the fire does not have an evident external cause.

"This fire was thoroughly investigated and I'm left with the conclusion that this fits into the category of spontaneous human combustion, for which there is no adequate explanation," he said.

^ From the article, which you told me to read.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Read the second part where the scientist says he doesn't want to call this a spontaneous combustion

Zakyath

Reaction score
Read the part where they call it spontaneous combustion anyway?

If I say it was caused by terrorist penguins, that doesn't make it so. There's a lack of evidence, and sure, you can make guesses from that, but you can't draw conclusions.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
If I say it was caused by terrorist penguins, that doesn't make it so. There's a lack of evidence, and sure, you can make guesses from that, but you can't draw conclusions.

Theres a terrorist attack. Every piece of evidence points the the fact that penguins pulled off the act. However even after a total of 200 terrorist attacks carried out by penguins in the past 300 years we are still unsure of how penguins are capable of carrying out such actions.

^what this is more like, using ur example.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Theres a terrorist attack. Every piece of evidence points the the fact that penguins pulled off the act. However even after a total of 200 terrorist attacks carried out by penguins in the past 300 years we are still unsure of how penguins are capable of carrying out such actions.

^what this is more like, using ur example.

No, we have circumstances, not evidence.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Such a stubbornness in this thread.

Hahaha :thup:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No, we have circumstances, not evidence.

There is evidence. The evidence is: The body, floor, and ceiling were the only things to sustain damage. No accelerents were found, despite the body clearly having been burned. There is no known source of external ignition. This does not lead to 'cause unknown'. Cause unknown would mean they found something that caused it don't know what it is, or there is such extensive damage they can't determine what caused the actual fatality. What this points to is spontaneous combustion, even if you don't want to believe it can happen. What there is no evidence of is apparently any other cause of death.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought spontaneous combustion was a joke. I guess I watched This is Spinal Tap too many times.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.