First Spell Ever?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I was sent down memory lane today, thinking of my early triggering days, when I realized how far I (And all of us spellmakers) have gotten.

So, my question to everyone here is: What was your first triggered spell? Was it flawless? Destructive? Imbalanced?

Guess I'll start it off (Big surprise):

My first one was called "Ceasefire", put on a Death Knight (For what reason, I still can't comprehend). Simply put, I think it was:

Code:
Events: Unit begins casting an ability
Conditions: (Ability being cast) Equal to (Ceasefire)
Actions: Pick all units in (Playable map area) and do (Unit -- Order (Picked unit) to Hold Position)

Which resulted in a mana deduction and the cooldown not even firing. I had to change the leveling fields to decreasing mana cost -- the only thing I could change for the spell at the time.

Spell making stories, anyone?

Black Hawk

Reaction score
My first one was an arrow of silence for sylvanas windrunner, and I later realized that I needed a dummy unit with silence, instead of giving her silence to cast. It was like a autocast thing that gave it a chance to silence.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My first triggered spell simply teleported the triggering unit back to their base :p

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Code:
Sell tower
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Sell tower (Neutral Hostile)
    Actions
        Player - Add ((Point-value of (Casting unit)) / 2) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using war3mapImported\EMPBomb.mdx
        Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game

sell a tower and get half the gold for it back
also my first trigger, took me half an hour to figure out how to do it.....with a tutorial LOL
simple as it is ^^
also used on my very first map which will be released shortly :p
thinking back how the hell did it take me so long to make that one trigger

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
my first spell hmmm...

i heard of omni slash and tried to make of a super cool slash thing

but he blinked to a point the opposite way of the target and stoood thee like a lemon

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I tried to do a grap spell for my monster crow:
the crow loses hight until almost near the ground and charges towards a selected unit. If it gets within 100 range of it the unit gets grapped by the crow. The crow flies higher and now you can move around the air with your unit and drop it later.

I actually managed to get all to work beside the grapping. I tried to use the 'if a unit comes within range of unit' event wich was a dumb idea.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It was for a spaceship game that I was making before realizing that it was retarded and no one was going to ever play it. As I recall, it was supposed to put the ship into 'hyperspeed' and make it go really fast, and since the camera was attached to your ship then it would get really blurry. But it didn't work right. I never figured out why.... Not that I looked at since then.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
My first spell was based on anime fight spell Lee lotus. He flings his enemy in the air and smacks him back down.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
My first spell ever was a spell that made your hero go forward all the time and you moved him with the arrow keys. But the only problem is that when you went near trees instead of showing death coil explosions on the caster it showed loads of trees xD

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
My first spell would have to be Rainbow Arrows, it basically made it have a random arrow shot from either Searing Arrows, Dark arrows, or Ice Arrows.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.