First spell?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I doubt many will remember the old thread I once posted (Original thread). I'd be surprised if anyone did, actually.

Instead of pulling some sort of thread necromancy, I've decided to just remake the thread.

My question to everyone here is: What was your first triggered spell? Was it flawless? Destructive? Imbalanced?

Guess I'll start it off (Big surprise):

My first one was called "Ceasefire", put on a Death Knight (For what reason, I still can't comprehend). Simply put, I think it was:

Code:
Events: Unit begins casting an ability
Conditions: (Ability being cast) Equal to (Ceasefire)
Actions: Pick all units in (Playable map area) and do (Unit -- Order (Picked unit) to Hold Position)

This resulted in a mana deduction and the cooldown not even firing. I had to change the leveling fields to decreasing mana cost -- the only thing I could change for the spell at the time.

Spell making stories, anyone?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
The first spell that was entirely triggered was a spell for a Alchemist hero. His abilities all consisted of making potions, which was incredibly simple but took me a long time to do anyway.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Can't remember. I think it was Frost Nova, 12 novas at 45 degrees each, meant to Ensnare enemies (Like Halloween 2004 map!)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It's been so long since I started mapping.

My first *spell* was probably on my Fortress Defense map, where you could "station" archers for better defenses. Basically, one archer built another, and would be removed when it finished construction. Unfortunately, I knew so very little about triggers, that it just picked a random nearby unit of type Archer to remove. :p It also was very buggy about refunding gold/wood (because in order to "unstation", it had to train the unit).

Essentiallly it was Root/Unroot that night elf buildings have.

black.sheep

Reaction score
I think it was a ominislash like spell that I learnt from a tut on this site. It just blinked the hero to the target, made it imortal, and gave it a flashy fire on its sword.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.