First Steps a new DJ should take?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Ellow fellow helpers , i have a friend, and he's been practicing his DJ skills for the past years , in fact,ever since i knew him(7th Grade that is..) , but, there is a problem, we live in a small town, and he is very limited , he needs to 'expand' or i dont know how to express myself quite correctly, but what i was wanting to ask, is, is there any way like, to Promote him somewhere, perhaps some DJ site links and so on? He's skilled, i know that, but he just needs a little boost for his recognition, so,think any of you could give me a lead onto somewhere where to start? :)

ps. He likes to mix sets for Party Time ;)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well there tend to be a lot of DJs these days, as EDM is getting rather "Mainstream" if you're spinning dance stuff. However, places like Facebook, Beatport, PLURlife, and Soundcloud would be your best bet. You just gotta spin some free shows for friends and get your name out there a bit. It's all word of mouth, and promoting on places like Twitter and Facebook helps a lot too. I have a few friends that get paid to DJ at parties, and they just started by doing free stuff to get known.

http://dj.beatport.com/

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hmmm :) i hear you, thank you for your input, i will definitively snoop around a little more about the sites you mentioned. Much appreciated :thup:

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Hmmm :) i hear you, thank you for your input, i will definitively snoop around a little more about the sites you mentioned. Much appreciated :thup:

i got a few friends that DJ, and they like to DJ for parties that they throw, if you can offer to DJ for your friends parties it would be an awesome experience and help spread yourself.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Yes of course :) , we already do that, but hmm, you just cant possibly imagine how hard is to actually throw a successful party here around :( , people are to... uhm conservative,i think thats the word, and successful parties are thrown only during some Major event in our town (as i mentioned above,its a small town... ) ,so that kinda sux :D

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Thats lame! That might be a bit harder then...
Here in Bakersfield, partying is a huuuuge thing! I have a coworker that gets paid to DJ at house parties quite often.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.