Health Fish found in boy's penis

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A 2cm long fish apparently found it's way into the penis of a 14-year-old boy from India in a bizarre medical case.

The patient was admitted to hospital with complaints of pain, dribbling urine and acute urinary retention spanning a 24-hour period. According to the boy, the fish slipped into his penis while he was cleaning his aquarium at home.

Professor Vezhaventhan and Professor Jeyaraman, who treated the boy and later wrote a paper on the case, explained: "While he was cleaning the fish tank in his house, he was holding a fish in his hand and went to the toilet for passing urine. When he was passing urine, the fish slipped from his hand and entered his urethra and then he developed all these symptoms."

After detecting the fish in the boy's bladder, Vezhaventhan and Jeyaraman used a technique known as cystourethroscopy to insert a special set of forceps down the patient's penis. Unfortunately, the fish was just too slippery to grip, so they resorted to using a rigid ureteroscope with a tool attached that is normally used for removing bladder stones.

Last edited:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Someone said:
1.5 cm WIDE!!! that fish cant have swim in to his penis, that kid lied. probably have some sick fetish invloving that poor fish.

I agree with this fella. I mean, villager kids swim in river naked and nothing happened. And yet... this kid, coincidentally took a pee pee... while coincidentally holding a fish... and the fish coincidentally swam through his little brother (while pee is flowing).

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
>>"While he was cleaning the fish tank in his house, he was holding a fish in his hand and went to the toilet for passing urine. When he was passing urine, the fish slipped from his hand and entered his urethra and then he developed all these symptoms.

That is so not what happened. There is no way a fish that size could make it in there without assistance.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
It's certainly not impossible. If they can get tools down there to fish it out, then there is every possibility that it got in that way too.

And, I'm pretty sure that it has happened before. The difference is that I suspect this kid comes from a richer family and hence doesn't do much swimming in the river, and this would also explain why it came to light (the poorer populace being unable to afford healthcare to treat such problems).

Actually, come to think of it, the Ganges is one of the most poluted rivers in the world, so I doubt there are that many fish in there anyway :rolleyes:

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
I guess he was to lazy to go to the toilet and peed in his aquarium - holding his little brother in the water..

Ashcroft

Reaction score
If we are talking about a Candiru Fish that went to the boy, we can still say that this is true.

~Ash

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
What a crazy story.
he was holding a fish in his hand and went to the toilet for passing urine.
Why even take the fish to toilet?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
According to the boy, the fish slipped into his penis while he was cleaning his aquarium at home.

How did it "slip" into his penis? Was he cleaning the aquarium naked, with his penis dangling in the water?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Aw man, I'm sorry, but that is hilarious. Seriously, I don't think that kid was telling the whole story.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
How did it "slip" into his penis? Was he cleaning the aquarium naked, with his penis dangling in the water?
Strange I don't see they say something about it was in the aquarium the fish well, Oh my. he maybe wanted have a little fun with the fish?! ...

Ashcroft

Reaction score

Well, the boy is lying that it slipped through his penis while he was cleaning the aquarium. The doctors said "While he was cleaning the fish tank in his house, he was holding a fish in his hand and went to the toilet for passing urine".

So it slipped into his penis through the urine. So far the fish could be the Candiru fish, since Wikipedia said: "It is capable of swimming up the stream of urine in mid-air to a victim". But they are saying it's only a myth. But I don't know why he will bring a fish with him.

~Ash

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how wide can the urethra open? 1 cm? 2?

If it's 2, then it's bound to have a large species of candidates.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Either way, there was a fish in this kid's penis. It doesn't really matter why it happened (although it's very funny). :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
He was later admitted into counseling to help him overcome any trauma.

I think the fish deserves some counseling too it must have been traumatize

I think it is a bizarre incident that will never happen again for quite sometime. I speak on behave of all other 14 year old males and the fish population that I have been elected to represent. :rolleyes:

(No way this could be on accident.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.