Spell Fissure

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Here's another DotA Spell made by me. Call Fissure, from the Earthshaker. The dummy unit call "Lagless" must not be removed. It's the way to prevent lag in this spell.

Instructions on how to implement this into your map inside and changes inside.

It's GUI.
Lagless (For me)
Leakless (I think)

BTNShockWave.gif

Fissure:
Slams the ground with the Raigor's mighty totem, causing the ground to crack open front of him, damaging opponents and leaving an impassable crevasse for a period of time.

Level 1 - 125 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 2 - 175 damage, 1.25 second stun.
Level 3 - 225 damage, 1.5 second stun.
Level 4 - 275 damage, 1.75 second stun.

fissurelf2.jpg

Code:
Fissure
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Fissure 
    Actions
        Unit Group - Remove all units from Fissure_AddGroup
        Set Fissure_TempLine = 0.00
        Set Fissure_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Fissure_Caster_Loc = (Position of Fissure_Caster)
        Set Fissure_TargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set Fissure_Level = (Level of Fissure  for Fissure_Caster)
        Set Fissure_TimeLast = 8
        Unit - Make Fissure_Caster face Fissure_TargetPoint over 0.01 seconds
        Set Fissure_Angle = (Angle from Fissure_Caster_Loc to Fissure_TargetPoint)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Fissure_TempLine = (Fissure_TempLine + 75.00)
                Set Fissure_Offset[(Integer A)] = (Fissure_Caster_Loc offset by Fissure_TempLine towards Fissure_Angle degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Lagless for (Owner of Fissure_Caster) at Fissure_Offset[(Integer A)] facing Fissure_Angle degrees
                Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Destructible - Create a Fissure Path at Fissure_Offset[(Integer A)] facing Fissure_Angle with scale 0.70 and variation 0
                Set Fissure_Destructible[(Integer A)] = (Last created destructible)
                Set Fissure_Group = (Units within 200.00 of Fissure_Offset[(Integer A)] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Fissure_Caster)) Equal to True)))
                Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Fissure_Group and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Picked unit) is in Fissure_AddGroup) Equal to False
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Fissure_AddGroup
                                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of Fissure_Caster) at Fissure_Offset[(Integer A)] facing Fissure_Angle degrees
                                Unit - Add Fissure Stun  to (Last created unit)
                                Unit - Set level of Fissure Stun  for (Last created unit) to Fissure_Level
                                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
                                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                            Else - Actions
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Fissure_Offset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
        Wait (Real(Fissure_TimeLast)) seconds
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Destructible - Remove Fissure_Destructible[(Integer A)]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Fissure_TargetPoint)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Fissure_Caster_Loc)

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• [DotA Spell]-Fissure.w3x
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,645

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Seems very nice, maybe just make the animation a little slower +rep anyway...

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
no but i have a great computer :p So don't count with me when testing lag :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"leaving an impassable crevasse for a period of time."

Impassable...?

I could walk through it freely :p

The animation doesn't need to be slower I believe. In DotA it is instantaneous.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Yes, Working on that right now. But It's get can of dissorder. Any way to make the path impassable. With collizion size get disorder.
By the way do you like the spell?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Working on that right now. But It's get can of dissorder. Any way to make the path impassable. With collizion size get disorder.
By the way do you like the spell?

Also, you forgot to remove the point "Fissure_TargetPoint" and destroy the group "Fissure_Group" :)

Apart from those little things, the spell is ready for approval.

Nice reconstruction!

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Fixed the leaks, the collisoin size isn't working. Another way of making impassable.

The path is ok, but I have to rid off the Locust ability to make it work., I can't find a way that you can't see the life or select the Fissure Dummy.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
just create a doodad instead of a dummy unit ? Never tested this that i tell you :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried changing the model of a pathing blocker?

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
In Dota, they use Impale. And use direct Destructibles instead. That will remove quite alot of the trigger work.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>In Dota, they use Impale. And use direct Destructibles instead. That will remove quite alot of the trigger work.
False, remember what's this spell's another function?

"leaving an impassable crevasse for a period of time."

Reaction score
This is well done spell once again :). I find these kinda fancy, as I remember when I first looked some more advanced spells from wc3sear.ch, and I didn't understand how they made those.. Especially emjlr3's DotA spells.

Keep on good work, I guess many people want to use spell's from DotA in their maps :)

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. :D. But I still have the path problem, I tried to change a pathing blocker with the fissure model, and it works fine, but how can a I remove the pathing blocker?. I mean giving the pathing blocker 8 seconds of life. Is a pity that unit hasn't have the option Art - Selectable in Game, it make things more easy.

Should I add to the index or wait until someone tell me how to made the path?.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
hmmm wait for someone? ill go see what i can do to help.

edit: how about this? create many trees instead of pathing blockers. just change their model file. i think dota uses trees too. the spells dosnt destroy trees in the way right? << fishy

O

onemangang

Fissure in DotA uses a custom Destructable> pathing blocker (ground)> with model file Fissure <Variation 1>.

Hope that clears this matter.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Well, I though of that too, but is stop being MUI. But finally I have to do it with the pathing block. Update it!

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Nice one.

Though you need to increase the cooldown of the spell.
I was able to cast it again before the previous path was removed,
so in saying this, it was never removed as all variables were overwritten (also leaks).

But since you can press ESC and reset the ability cooldowns, it will be the same. Unless you don't use ESC. And what part does it leaks?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.