UK News Five-year-old boy lives as girl in youngest case of Gender Identity Disorder

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
With his blonde pigtails and purple tutu, Zach Avery, now five, has been living as a girl for more than a year - after he first refused to live as a boy when he turned three.

Little Zach was just three when he began refusing to live as a boy, instead choosing to wear pink dresses and ribbons in his long, blonde hair - because he has Gender Identity Disorder (GID).

And the primary school he attends in Essex has even changed the kids' toilets to gender-neutral Unisex in support of Zach since his official diagnosis last year, aged four.

Zach is one of the youngest in Britain ever to be diagnosed with GID - meaning he feels like he's a girl trapped in a boy's body.

Last edited:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Creepy... is that a real, measurable disorder, or is it a matter of going to a psychologist and saying you want to be a girl/boy? Because I got diagnosed with schizophrenia, multiple personality disorder, and bipolar disorder that way (the point was to affirm my belief that most of psychology is bullshit. It wasn't even that hard... so much prescription medicine at my disposal now).

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Creepy... is that a real, measurable disorder, or is it a matter of going to a psychologist and saying you want to be a girl/boy? Because I got diagnosed with schizophrenia, multiple personality disorder, and bipolar disorder that way (the point was to affirm my belief that most of psychology is bullshit. It wasn't even that hard... so much prescription medicine at my disposal now).

It is a real thing you can measure. But you have to be careful when the kids are that young because it could very well be a phase or something like that.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
But you have to be careful when the kids are that young because it could very well be a phase or something like that.
Yeah, you're quite right. Well, he is only 5 years old. :rolleyes:
Well, even though it's a weird story. But why the hell do "parents feel the need to run/selling to the papers" with such a story?

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Yeah, you're quite right. Well, he is only 5 years old. :rolleyes:
Well, even though it's a weird story. But why the hell do "parents feel the need to run/selling to the papers" with such a story?

you obviously know the parents very well then dont you firecat? There could a dozen reasons why this ended up on papers and if you cant think of any then...

"He used to cry and try to cut off his willy out of frustration."

thats really bad right there...

FireCat

Reaction score
There could a dozen reasons why this ended up on papers and if you cant think of any then...

"He used to cry and try to cut off his willy out of frustration."

thats really bad right there...
Seriously, the media circle they have created around his life, with picture and everything.
That's stupid and wrong! Really! that kids going to be screwed up for a long time. Don't you agree?

Btw: How the hell does a "5 year old get frustrated with his own willy?"

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Btw: How the hell does a "5 year old get frustrated with his own willy?"

She's a child, when something doesn't fit right they think they are weird, wonder why somethings not right.
Someone who honestly believes themselves to be one gender, but have the genitalia of the other, gets them wondering, when I was a little kid, i was always afraid of being weird, I always tried to fit in. its the same case.

FireCat

Reaction score
She's a child, when something doesn't fit right they think they are weird, wonder why somethings not right.
Someone who honestly believes themselves to be one gender, but have the genitalia of the other.
He is a 5 years old child yes. But I’m not buying he did make his own choice to be a girl
at such a young age.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
There is something definitely wrong with this. The kid is only 5, not old enough to choose. Notice they do not mention the parents.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Choose or not, it sure as hell seems happy in the photo.
I'm sure it'll choose for itself when it gets older.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Choose or not, it sure as hell seems happy in the photo.
I'm sure it'll choose for itself when it gets older.

I could put a five year old boy in a dress and say "Trust me, it's cool. All the older kids are doing it too." And guess what? He'd be happy as could be. And for the record, based on it's face, it COULD have just been force fed a lemon. That looks like it could be sour-face to me....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.