Spell FlameThrower

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
FlameThrower (Fast-Click)

Preview:
WC3ScrnShot_041007_224826_08.jpg

Note:
I had lots of help making this in my thread "Newbwc3's help thread" by Lordpredator, Farplane, ArmedCitizen, and others.

Description:
After activation Right-Click on an enemy as fast as you can to use flamethrower on them. The faster you click, the more damage delt. (drains mana)

Important:
>Not MUI
>Unit ability That I made for my map "Castle Battle"
>Once activated your units regular attacks will be disabled (But you can make it so they arn't disabled)
>Give credit to me in your map when u use this
Sephiroth_VII / Newbwc3
DownLoad it here:

Attachments

• Fast-Click Flamethrower.w3x
    23.8 KB · Views: 622

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
THis spell is pretty awesome. Theres no bugs, not sure about memory leaks though... I would make a great addition to a mechanical hero in any kind of map! Good work.

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
A couple of notes:

A buff shows up when you turn on flamethrower with no tool-tip; I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but you can hide buffs by setting them to a custom buff based off of Pheonix or something like that. Speaking of buffs, you can detect if the unit has the buff instead of using a global variable; this would make it MUI.

Also, your dummy unit shows up as an idle worker – might want to change that :p. Oh, you might want to stop the shredder so he doesn't go running toward the target when you use it. On that topic, you should add a condition to make sure your not targeting a unit half-way across the map.

Other then those tweaks, this is quite nice. I like the fire that appears on his hand when you turn on the flamethrower :D.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
neat ability, you need to add import instructions, fix what was mentioned above, and note that the hero cannot attack or anything while activated

second opinion welcome

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I don't think that this ability can be made into MUI. I tried for a while but couldn't. Because there's an event- Every 0.01 seconds of gametime and it needs the global varible.

Also I tried making it so your unit stops if ur clicking from 500 range or less but the event for that.. It won't let me use a varible to define the unit!?

"A unit comes within 500 of "FT_caster" <=== (wish i could do that)

Instead I get this crap:

"A unit comes within 500 of "no unit" (preset)

:mad:

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
looks good, and through "fast click"

maybe if i put this on my map....players who played my map always buy a new mouse due to destroyed right clicks....lol

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good.

Those kind of spells explain why MUI is not a requirement here.

It could be though :p With variables passing and every other event within a single "trigger", there would be no global variables along with waits. Would be complicated though.

There should be a way for it to be AoE. Doesn't really look good the fact that the flame goes through unit x and it takes 0 damage. Maybe check if there are other units close to the target and hit them too? With Angle Between Points you can also check if the unit is too far/too off.

Other than that... Great!

L

lordpredator

to Newbwc3 : you can select the unit via "select unit button" if is in the map or you can give the value of the unit to a variable and then add (from another trigger) the event to that trigger. Thanks for the credit. i like the effect kinda.. starcraft flamethrower

talking about the flamethrower... i still think is better to make it a normal attack and morph unit, for the splash damage and to avoid the clickclickclick frenzy (reminds me of kids playing diablo in a cyber-coffe)... well, in the original post there is that version of FT, no trigger used.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=446332#post446332

LP

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
hi me again
most people say "use code" but i use php, colored it is easier to read...
This checks if that unit is in range 500. if yes, ft caster will be forced to move to its own location....

PHP:
set udg_locFTcaster=GetUnitLoc( udg_FT_caster) //if  you  called it FT_caster
set udg_locFTtarget=GetUnitLoc( GetOrderTargetUnit())
if DistanceBetweenPoints( udg_locFTcaster , udg_locFTtarget) <= 500 then
    call IssuePointOrderLoc( udg_FT_caster, "move", udg_locFTcaster)
endif
call RemoveLocation( udg_locFTcaster)
call RemoveLocation( udg_locFTtarget)

And if you want MUI, i need to know if players can have multiple units that can cast FT or only one.
to make it aoe, depends on what aoe you want:
Dealing damge to the area around the target
Dealing damage to all units in the flame

EIT: implemented the simple first thing....

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I fixed it so it has AoE around targetLoc and added a README, Also mentioned that your units regular attacks are disabled when in use.

Is there anything else that I need to change on this?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great!

Should meet the requirements now :)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
This is great, easy to import and not many requirements, making this MUI might require a bit of JASS, but I don't think that it is needed as Daxtreme said, but the one thing I dislike is the screeny's buff icon. I don't like seeing Samwise's face as a buff icon, it seems weird. Jk. This is great though... +rep EDIT: I think I repped ya already before, I need to spread it around...

P.S. What about me, I helped!! Just kidding... lol :D

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Same goes for U Purge I can't +REP You!

O Yea, I think this is ready for approval. :D

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I fixed it so it has AoE around targetLoc and added a README, Also mentioned that your units regular attacks are disabled when in use.

Is there anything else that I need to change on this?

Hmm.... Still I think would be better if you deal damage to unit's in the flame with a dummy like the way I told you :eek:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is still no Area of Effect on that spell.

Code:
FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
        flamethrowerON Equal to True
        (Triggering unit) Equal to FT_caster
        ((Triggering player) is an enemy of (Owner of (Target unit of issued order))) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
                        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
                        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
            Then - Actions
                Set FT_casterLoc = (Position of FT_caster)
                Set FT_TargetLoc = (Position of (Target unit of issued order))
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of FT_caster using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\FlameThrower\FlameThrowerSpawnObj.mdl
                Unit - Create 1 FT_Dummy for (Owner of FT_caster) at FT_casterLoc facing FT_TargetLoc
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of issued order)
                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_FT_casterLoc)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_FT_TargetLoc)
            Else - Actions

No mention of Unit Group checks or anything else involving damaging more than one unit!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.