AoS Flashk's DotA (haven't found a tittle yet)

Running_dap

Reaction score
Introducing my own version of Defense of the Ancients. The map idea is taken of course from the well-known DotA - Allstars map. Same items and recipies as DotA - Allstars, have created some new ones. 12 unique heroes for each force, Sentinel and Scourge.

This map is on beta testing (well, i haven't even found a proper tittle :p ). The reason i have uploaded this is so that people can suggest new idea, or tell me about bugs that i might not have noticed yet. Send any feedback at: [email protected]

Feel free to comment anything you believe that can improve this map, and please keep in mind that the map is still on beta testing! Bugs and imbalances can surely be found!

Map File: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=92970

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
... I highly recomend you make your own Map. Ripping off DotA is kinda lame, don't you think?
Hmmm... I suggest you transfer the Data, that you used for the Custom Heroes into a self-made Map, since some might acurse you stealing DotA and start flaming >.<

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
I agree with Hatebreeder that you should probably get your own terrain, or at least get somebody to do it for you if you hate terraining. Definitely make new items; if you can make new heroes (which it seems you have), then new items should be a piece of cake.

Some random comments I have about the map itself (I opened it briefly and looked through the hero selection):
(1) "Sentinel" is spelled incorrectly in the Force names
(2) If you're going to take one hero from DotA, why, of all heroes, N'aix?
(3) And lastly, I have a much better version of your Batswarm ability that I happened to make for a map I was working on. I never released it, so I can give you the ability if you'd like. It's exactly the same idea, just that the teleport has variable range, the swarm only goes to where he teleports, and it has a better animation. Let me know if you'd like it.

Cheers,
The Hegemuffin

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I second the motion (hatebreeder)

nothing beats [del]Flashk's DotA[/del] I mean, nothng beats DotA-Allstars when it comes to AoS, not from uniqueness but for popularity

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Why would you want to basically remake DotA with just some extras...?

Just make your own; we'll still be here. :D :thup:

Twilight33

Reaction score
well i am actually going to say something a little different then everyone else :). if your going to do something like this i would suggest you get on the dota forums and PM some people on their. On the dota forums the are an insanely large amount of good ideas submitted by fans that icefrog appears to be completely ignoring. if your going to compete with dota here are few ways you can do it.

1. Its been stated multiple times. dota is designed and balanced for tornament play. make your map for public play.
  2. Get all those great fan ideas out their. ask people for permission to use their content on the dota forum. make this a version of dota for the fans. do it through PMs not posts.
  3. i dont know what your using so far, but making your map seem like a imitation is fine(hell technically dota is exactly that), but dont let it look bad. dont use the dota template. the terrain is ugly.

thats my opinion anyway.

Title Idea: War of the Ancients - WotA

Twilight33

Reaction score
so you wouldnt play a map thats exactly like dota, but with different heroes? if you wouldnt play it then i pitty you, because their is no reason not too.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
He has a point. DotA with new (if balanced) heroes would be fun, it's for the same reason people create melee maps with new races. Variety. Believe it or not, one gets sick of every single one of DotA's heroes after playing it for so long! xD

Running_dap

Reaction score
well guys, i appreciate all of your replies. I forgot to mention that the terrain is going to change, and i'm using the template for the beta version (i'm new in making terrains so i decided to skip that part ^^). The map will still be of the same style (AoS), but i'm thinking of using an other theme to it, like fights that have taken place in Warcraft, like the siege of Dalaran or something. I'm using the same items seen in Allstars, because of the fact that when i go to a Net Cafee with some friends and we are going to play a new map, people mostly leave the game because they are too bored to check all the items and "learn" new recipies... And Twilight33 thx a lot for this idea, i'll might actually do that.

Thanks again for the replies

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good Luck :) Please include Zues, Void, Vengful Spirit, and also Spectre.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
This could be athehelper.net project. Submit your heroes to him and then people judge. That'd be awesome if that happened.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.