System Floating Progress Bar for spawning units

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
v2 is up! (Still written in JASS)

You can now add multiple units to the spawn and remove as wanted. There is much you can do with this addition, from providing upgrades to add more units to the spawn to upgrading those units (by removing the old ones and adding new ones).

I originally wrote this system for Orc_Tamer, inspired somewhat by the Bomber game by Blizzard. I've written this system from scratch and I've used KaTTana's system. Emjlr3 helped me perfect the progress bar logic, making it almost 10x faster than when I originally wrote the system.

The sample map included is set up to run besides read, and I suggest you run it to see the progress bar system in action. The functions are the last ones below a little header denoting them. I suggest, however, that you make sure the KaTTana functions included are part of your header as well. Either way, when it comes down to it, all you need to do is either use GUI custom script or JASS script to call the functions you see in the JASS.

There are now multiple functions. This is part of the system of allowing you to modify the spawn bar while it's still running. You can change the spawn coordinates at any time, the order and its coordinates, and much more. You can even reset the spawn bar to make it move faster and change its length, so you could create an upgrade that raises the speed of the spawn bars.

To see the full explanation, read the Initialization trigger to see how it works. You can also play around with the arguments you send to the functions and see what happens.

Enjoy! It would be nice if you could credit emjlr3 and I for creating this system if you choose to use it.

Attachments

• Floating_Progress_Bar_v2.w3x
    27.4 KB · Views: 946
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.