Floating Text Fade Help

SiorTapas

Reaction score
I want to make a Floating Text fade not just dissapear (destroy). I've made an example of what I do. Why the Floating Text just stays there and doesn't fade after 1 second? Please help me if you can. Thank you.

Trigger:
  • Text
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Attacked above (Attacked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the age of (Last created floating text) to 0.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds

Bankde

Reaction score
I don't know but I always use this trigger. (I have the same problem about Expiration time of floating text)

Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

Maybe it is the Blizzard World Editor Bug or maybe someone could explain it. But use my trigger will surely help you!!

Jedi

Reaction score
Your problem is set velocity.

Trigger:
  • -------- Creates a floating text. --------
    • Floating Text - Create ...
    • -------- This is the speed of floating text(50) and degree is direction of text.0 = east, 90 = north etc...If you don't use this, your text doesn't move.
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    • -------- Disables permanence --------
    • -------- Fade time of floating text
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    • -------- Life of floating text(you don't need to destroy action if you used lifespan)
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Try putting it like this:

Trigger:
  • Floating Text
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.00 seconds

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Here is plainly, what I do. I assure you it will work. Fading upwards.

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (|c00fff100+ + ((String((Custom value of (Dying unit)))) + |r)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.