Floating Text

Lyle.

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +1 at (Position of (Dying unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
    • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group(Player[(Integer A)]))
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Enable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees

I could waste more time messing with my Floating Text but I'd rather just ask here.

I want the text to fade away over a second, above is my most recent attempt. I have tried plenty of things and nothing seems to work.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, for the first, why do you enable permanence, since you want to destroy it?

EDIT: I think this should work... not tested though :S
Trigger:
  • Floating Text
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +1 at TempPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds

Just removed a leak there, with the variable :D

Mallen

Reaction score
you want to make so that it sais +1 when you kill a unit? and +1 means +1 gold for the unit that kills the other unit?

please type the event and conditions next time, easier to help ;)

Lyle.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I didn't understand Permanence. Fussed around a little more and this is what I got:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +1 at (Position of (Dying unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group(Player[(Integer A)]))
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees

Works just like the real bounty

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, enabling permanence makes the text permanent, in other words, won't be destroyed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.