Melee FloodedValley1.3 (1v1 solo map)

C

CyberYak

Hey Guys I'm new to the forums, so i wanted to introduce myself with a map I've been working on. It is a 1v1 melee map with, 2 Shops ,2 Labs, 2 Merc camps, and a tavern in the center. There are 4 expos, 6 green camps, and 18 orange. There are no red camps:)thup: ? :thdown: ?) . Ive been working on this map a few weeks i feel its pretty close to being done :D . Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.

The Map
floodedvalley13final-1.jpg

Attachments

• (2)FloodedValley1.3.w3x
    360.3 KB · Views: 251
C

CyberYak

hmmm

The terrain could use some doodads.

Well there are some 12,826 doodads on the map maybe if u opened it up in editor or played it before making a comment on something that isn't shown in the screen shot in the previous post.

Some examples
Shrine
FVdoodads4.jpg

Waterfall
FVdoodads3.jpg

Pond
FVdoodads2.jpg

General doodads
FVdoodads.jpg

Now if u mean just random flowers, rocks, ect... all over the map i don't know if that is sound advice

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Melee.. how boring... lol...... I suck at melee games....

But I do LIKE your terraining... though Lordaeron Summer sucks...

Maybe you should add some creeps or a gold mine in some parts that can't be accessed without a Zeppelin.

It is quite big for a Melee map however....

(I did open and view it)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I played it, it got crowded a bit when I was building. Playing as Human. Top right maybe could use a little bit more space.

C

CyberYak

rly

I played it, it got crowded a bit when I was building. Playing as Human. Top right maybe could use a little bit more space.

wow i thought i made the bases huge maybe that was a diff version... ok ill look into that, sorry. 1.4 is in the making :D and thanks again for taking your time to look at, and play the map <3. 1.4 should be out either tonight or sometime Christmas day! Any replays of games you played on the map vs comp or a real life person would also be helpful, if you have any. I'm more of a visual person, I work better when i can see the problem and it helps me know where to make changes, thanks.

C

CyberYak

1.4 is here!

Hope every one had a merry Christmas, 1.4 is here for you custom map playing pleasure. I tried to widen the bases a lil but to be honest i played human on the map and i didn't have the space problem you did. changed some terrain and doodads. What so you guys think about the creep drops(its my own custom items ppol not Blizz's , but i think its good), are they balanced? also on the corner expos it was hard for NE to place the trees where they could entangle the mine that should be fixed. Hope this fixes the problem let me know.

The map hasn't really changed so I'm not gonna take new screen shots.

Attachments

• (2)FloodedValley1.4.w3x
    360.3 KB · Views: 260

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The Lordaeron Summer tileset is absolute trash, but somehow you managed to make it look pretty good! I never thought I'd see Lordaeron Summer that wasn't an abomination.

C

CyberYak

Thanks

I agree im more of an ashenvale/sunken ruins guy...but i was playing secret valley and i was like "man i could make this better"...Thanks for the comments, your input is what inspires me to make new versions and new maps:D Merry Christmas!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hope every one had a merry Christmas, 1.4 is here for you custom map playing pleasure. I tried to widen the bases a lil but to be honest i played human on the map and i didn't have the space problem you did. changed some terrain and doodads. What so you guys think about the creep drops(its my own custom items ppol not Blizz's , but i think its good), are they balanced? also on the corner expos it was hard for NE to place the trees where they could entangle the mine that should be fixed. Hope this fixes the problem let me know.

The map hasn't really changed so I'm not gonna take new screen shots.

Yeah, now you are talking! :thumbsup:

C

CyberYak

Uhhh!?!

Custom items = Non melee map. W/e, it still can be one.

Uh there are no items u wouldn't normally see on a melee map. I'm just saying i didn't use blizz's pro orc 3 claws of attack off 3 easy solo camps and then you own the game with exp tome luck and mass gloves /claws cheese.... i feel the map is balanced item wise...If you disagree plz post your replay/situation and i will gladly look at the item dropped and tell you what i was thinking when i added that drop to that particular creep. Again thanks for you time and comments they are really quite helpful.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uh there are no items u wouldn't normally see on a melee map. I'm just saying i didn't use blizz's pro orc 3 claws of attack off 3 easy solo camps and then you own the game with exp tome luck and mass gloves /claws cheese.... i feel the map is balanced item wise...If you disagree plz post your replay/situation and i will gladly look at the item dropped and tell you what i was thinking when i added that drop to that particular creep. Again thanks for you time and comments they are really quite helpful.

No way! Map is great. Added to my colection. Why don't you do a sunken ruins map nest? Hey!!! here is an idea- make a set of 1v1 maps. You can add custom items just for the fun of it. :)

C

CyberYak

Hmmm

I actually do have a sunken ruins map that is being reworked once i get a chance and feel its up to par ill post it. And I'm flattered that you use my map now TY for the encouraging words. Give me 3-4 days to iron out the kinks of the new map "ruined shallows".

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Great map! Pretty big, so I don't know how anyone can run out of space... The only thing that could be fixed is the map description before start-up. It's too long so it's cut off, and there are some spelling & grammar mistakes.

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
Haven't played it yet (plan to ASAP) but just wanted to say the waterfall is freakin' gorgeous! Can't wait to try it out.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol @ huge bump...

might as well comment on the map. Looks cool for a melee map, nice terrain, but it looks like it's too small for basing, though I wouldn't know since I haven't played it... :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

blooman

Reaction score
nice map and i love the waterfall :D
I played this on B.net with my friend and i won yayayayay

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.