Flying dummy sunk?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
I made a meat hook trigger, and use beserk model for the dummies.

First, it worked well, but when it changes terrain to different origin (I made custom terrain) Example : grass(felwood) to cracked lava(outland)
the dummy will suddenly changes flying height. This really bothers me. what happened?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Messy:eek:
Edit : it sunks not only at terrain change, but also at places near it. I didn't even use flying height changing :banghead:

Note : that changing height didn't fix it. It was added after i tried to fix the problem.

Code:
Drag
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Drag 
    Actions
        Set Point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set Point3 = (Point2 offset by (500.00 + (150.00 x (Real((Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))))) towards (Angle from Point2 to Point1) degrees)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
        For each (Integer Drag_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) from 1 to (7 + (3 x (Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Wait 0.02 seconds
                Set Point4 = (Point2 offset by 50.00 towards (Angle from Point2 to Point3) degrees)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
                Set Point2 = (Point4 offset by 0.00 towards (Angle from Point2 to Point3) degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 Drag Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point4 facing (Angle from Point2 to Point3) degrees
                Set Drag_units[(Abs((Drag_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - (8 + (3 x (Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))))))] = (Last created unit)
                [color="red"]Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to (10.00 + (Current flying height of (Triggering unit))) at 9999999.00[/color]
                Set UG_Drag = (Units within 50.00 of Point4 matching ((((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to False) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Triggering unit))))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (UG_Drag is empty) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point4)
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_UG_Drag)
                    Else - Actions
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point3)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point4)
                        Set Target_Drag[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Random unit from UG_Drag)
                        Set Drag_OK[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = True
                        For each (Integer Drag_Int2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) from ((8 + (3 x (Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))) - Drag_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) to (7 + (3 x (Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))), do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Wait 0.10 seconds
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Owner of Target_Drag[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Target_Drag[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], dealing (8.00 + (2.00 x (Real((Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                                    Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        Drag_OK[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Set Point2 = (Position of Drag_units[Drag_Int2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]])
                                        Unit - Move Target_Drag[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] instantly to Point2
                                        Set UG_Drag = (Units within 20.00 of Point2 matching ((Matching unit) Equal to Target_Drag[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))
                                    Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (UG_Drag is empty) Equal to True
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Set Drag_OK[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = False
                                    Else - Actions
                                Unit - Remove Drag_units[Drag_Int2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] from the game
                        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
                        Skip remaining actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point3)
        For each (Integer Drag_Int2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) from 1 to (7 + (3 x (Level of Drag  for (Triggering unit)))), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Wait 0.10 seconds
                Unit - Remove Drag_units[Drag_Int2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] from the game
        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
hm, did you ever notice, even if you give a unit no flying height, but movement type flying it will automatically adept to for example the height of trees and such things, i guess thats our problem.

So my suggestion:

change the movement type of the dummy to foot then
turn its pathing off via trigger
and to change flying height add the crow form ability('Amrf' i think) then change height and that "bug" shouldnt appear i hope.

^^ hope i helped

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
1. it has no collision size
2. it passed trough trees well
3. it sunk in a place w/o doodads

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.