Footmen Wars Mini RoC / TFT

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Map name: Footmen Wars Mini RoC / TFT
Made by: tom_mai78102
Main Targeted Audiences: For any type of players, from newbies to pros.
Players: 12 players.
Latest Version: v0.6 (Read Change Log)
Scheduled Deadline: When I have free time. *
Activity Available: On Friday nights and Saturday.#

---------------------------------------------

Features v0.5g:

Version 0.6 will officially balance units, and will also add more features to it.
Version 0.7 will turn towards different genres instead of being a Melee Arena map. (I think)
Schedules may change in the future.

Description:

Added new features! (Will be changed depending on additional map features, whether it's important or not)
EDIT: All edits will be in boldface. Each boldface text will expire after a month.

In the future: I will update a newer description when Version 0.6 is out. If you wish to read the old description, click this spoiler button. The bold-faced changes will be gone after a period of time. Also, my dialup now has added another whopping 4 kilobytes of upload speed. I might be able to upload maps up to 160 kilobytes of file size.

v0.6:

Added a lot of them. I don't know how to list them. But I assure you, you'll see some easter eggs implemented in the map itself. It is optimized, so no peeking!

Added new spawns, buildings with abilities, item, easter eggs, triggers, detection mode, and edited triggers in my map. :D Dang, took me a while!

If you find any issues, please notify me (if you are a member of TH), or go to this link here: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=767

I welcome your comments!! :thup:

Old Description (will be deleted once v0.6 has no issues or bugs):
#: If there is a lot of homework, I may not have time to work on my map. I have a report due in 3/10/2008, and it needs 15 pages of full written text. <--- Finished.

*: I have now more than 3 homework spanning 4 weeks, plus my school's monthly exams is coming. I have no choice but to increase the scheduled time. Hopefully, once homework is done, the scheduled deadline would be shortened back to weekly updates. These will start after the initial release of v0.4.

This map is very specially-designed for dial-up users and slow connection speed users of Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos. It may also be suitable for high-speed broadband users. The latest version is now not only able to maintain the basic structure of common Footmen Wars map, but also allows to be played in TFT.

Before the release of v0.2, it was for 4 players only. As of current version, it is now for 12 players. I guess it will never be changed after that. This isn't made out of large, space-wasting maps that might create lagging problems all because of dial-up or slow connection speeds, or because of how much data it processes during constant play.

If I were you, I wouldn't like being kicked out of a game all because of the lag. While playing this, and you still suffer from lagging, please notify me before you keep on getting kicked. Know some bugs, or some weird activities? If someone would like to help me fix it, or add a few things to it, let me know first, and then I'll see about it later. ;)

A notable thing I have to mention: The WE can support up to 16 players. I don't know if that's possible, but according to some triggers and intentional GUIs, it could be done. :confused:

If there's a comment, please post it up here. :D

Each version will stay up here, until there are more than 5 version releases. If that happens, the first one at the very top will be removed. There's a total of 8 versions, according to the limits, that could only stay up here, within each one contains both RoC and TFT versions.

From version 0.3 and onwards, they will be in zip files. I realized that I cannot upload more than 8 files.

From now on, the Change Logs will be shortened to a pop-up under the Spoilers button.

----------------------

Change Log:

v0.1: Have created my first map. Only up to 4 players.
v0.2: Now added 8 more players and expanded the map to its outer bounds.
v0.2a: Added defeat conditions and changed some units cost and tech.
v0.2a: From this point on, there will be both w3m and w3x.
v0.2b: Changed very few portions of it.
v0.3: Added fountains, and a few more things. Cleared
v0.2a ~ v0.3: There are two bugs within these maps. I'd taken them down to get them repaired. As of now, v0.2 is bug-free. Find any bugs within these maps, notify me.
v0.3: Bug #1 is fixed (Kill any unit, and the game defeats you), 3:13 PM.
v0.3a: Released as a bug-fixed map, so far. Moving up re-releases.
v0.3b: Released as a bug-checked map. So far, edited Leaderboard, added Elasped timer.
v0.3c: Bug #2 is fixed (Left out a trigger that activates the Defeat conditions), 1:56 PM.
v0.4: Bug #2 fixed again (Much better, have to take down v0.3c), added hero units, 9:43 PM
v0.4a: Bug #3 fixed, removed tech upgrades (It causes player not having heroes), starters don't move.
v0.5: Bug #2 again, fixed by using 4 different conditions. Added features.
v0.5a: Bug #4 fixed. Changed how starters reacted to attacks.
v0.5b: Added features. 100000 golds = 1 lumber
v0.5c: Bug #5 fixed. Fixed the collisions of each building models. Added a few things to it.
v0.5d: Bug #6 fixed. Fixed Income problems. Also, revised by SerraAvenger.
v0.5e: Added game modes, help from OneBadPsycho.
v0.5f: Added a place to gather, changed prices and range of sight.
v0.5g: 99% removed tomes from shops (Kazuga), added a few things. Typos fixed.
v0.6: Added units, buildings, item, easter eggs, and some more, edited triggers.

Attachments

• Footmen Wars Mini v0.5d.zip
    105.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Footmen Wars Mini v0.5e.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 281
  • Footmen Wars Mini v0.5f.zip
    115.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Footmen Wars Mini v0.5g.zip
    117.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Footmen Wars Mini v0.6.zip
    62.9 KB · Views: 292

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Do u have slow conn either? ;P keep avoiding large triggers. Sometimes mappers do 10 separate triggers for each player. Alternate can be done with variable's array [player number of (whatever triggering unit/player)

This footy should take up 12 players also. Interested, do u base ur footy map from other footy? Good luck ;P

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
How did it go on LAN or on Battle.Net? I will add some slots to it in the near future. Hope you like it. Mappers tend to do separate triggers for each player? That would increase the file size, thus rendering it getting others to be booted off the map more easily.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Player slots doesnt matter. If 12 players fights in midle, there only can be visual lag - when camera and sounds gets laggy, but game doesnt. And visual lag is caused by slow computer, not by internet

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I know that, but what I mean is that if too much triggers, the events and actions created by the triggers may be too much for the data itself to be transmitted to other computers at a time. I'm trying to avoid that part of lagging.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Got that! I'll be setting a deadline by this Saturday, hope I have enough time to work on that. If there's a bug or something, tell me what causes it, and if possible, provide a picture of it. Thank you.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll let you know.

Also, I have updated my first post, and finished my second version. I'll go back and submit the second one on Map submission site.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Bump! Updated my map!

Hello, I've updated my map. If there's any feedback, please post them here. I'll take your ideas, critics, reviews, etc. in heavy consideration.

====================================

To linamus:

Can you suggest a symmetrical terrain pattern for my map? All I have is a simple terrain look around the whole map.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Hm, go to world editor, Advanced>View all map, then print screen, CTRL-V in paint, and with paint try to show what should I do, send me map with image, and I polish it for you

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
52548238xx6.png

This is the latest map version : 0.2b

Design:

Using a set of terrains, and use them to create a symmetrical shape of a X. Then create a cross.

Or how about making Ts around the map, making it look like a crosshair/cursor.

Files:
Footmen Wars Mini ROC v0.2b.w3m

or

Footmen Wars TFT v0.2b.w3x

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's my thought. I need someone else's creative ideas. You could even help me edit the whole terrain by your own.

Unless this map's looks is already perfect.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated!! v0.2b --> v0.3

Updated the map by a large inch of triggers.

Added panning camera, fountains to take care of weird actions, and a few more things.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
there is a bug in your map: when a unit reaches map bounds and any player sees this, the game will crash. ( This counts for all maps )
You'll need to create map borders again : /

hth , Davey

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
there is a bug in your map: when a unit reaches map bounds and any player sees this, the game will crash. ( This counts for all maps )
You'll need to create map borders again : /

hth , Davey

You mean:

1. A unit reaches the map boundaries --> The unit is in a player's view --> game crashes? (I moved one of my unit around the entire map boundaries, yet no crashes.)

2. A unit is out of playable map boundaries? (How's that possible? A created unit won't be able to get out of the playable map area. A ordered unit can't even touch the black parts of the map.)

I need to see a screenshot of the place where the unit reaches the outside borders, right before the game crashes.

-------------------

Also, while checking the bug, I noticed another bug not before seen. I might fix it before this Saturday, since version 0.3 map is released prematurely. It started since v0.2a. I had to remove those versions before anyone else finds it.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated to v0.3a (first bug-fixed map)!

As of now, I still do not have the test results on Battle.Net. If you had test his map online, and you have some thoughts about it, post them here. Your thoughts are appreciated and welcomed.

Somehow, I can't seem to find the bug that was mentioned by SerraAvenger. If anyone else found this bug, please give me the procedures on how to activate the bug while playing. It would be great if someone shown me a photo of it right before the bug appears. Thanks in advance.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated to v0.3b.

Added leaderboard removing unplayable players. Added Elasped timer. Added a few things.

Please notify me of how this map had done on Battle.Net. I need to know if dialup users or slow connection speed users have any problems with this map. Thank you in advance.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Basicaly its imposible if slow-dial can have problems... Just imagine game name: "footy mini roc (only slow internet users)" u expect game to get full by real slow-dialers?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.