For Im_On_56k, Sud

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Some images. Please edit submissions n use if you like them.

I got bored.

:)

Attachments

• snake1.jpg
    snake1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 326
  • wisps.jpg
    wisps.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 311
  • destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 348
  • champions.jpg
    champions.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 372

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Hey thanks, that's a hell of a lot better than the blurfest I'm using right now. Where did ya get the base image from?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When will we have a new release for that page?

I thought about your optomization problem.

I think Vex's is having problems because files it looks for and needs are no longer there. My solution: Turn off some options, and string use option. Widgetizer does it.

Solution 2, don't bother with the Widgetizer. If your using 'Optomize String Usage' on Vex, then the strings are inlined anyway.

Also, did you need new MP3's? Or did you figgure it out. Vex is promoting MP3 as well, over wav.

Sud

Reaction score
Yes, I released a new version while waiting for Vex to comment on the widgetizer.

I use Vex's inliner but I believe that the widgetizer gets it to go faster. I believe the methods they use for the widgetizer are different. From his own tests too he finds the best results when both programs are combined.

I took his advice of turning off options - mainly string usage, but still have the same issue. I need to send him the map when I get home so he can see what's up. It won't load and just kicks back to the map selection screen when I use both programs on the map.

I downloaded the program you mentioned and did MP3s for all the files. As a result I don't have to do lite versions anymore. The content of the sounds is now a total of 150kb, so dual release is no longer worth the trouble. This is with three new sounds imported too that weren't in the last one. I also figured out a nice trick, for ability sounds, you can rename a MP3 to WAV and WC will still play the sound correctly. This is good for when you're overwriting default unit/ability sounds.

Sud

Reaction score
Yea, it doesn't do anything to Vex's, or if it does, the MP3s renamed WAVs aren't large enough to make it significant.

And yea - it's headered. They use DirectSound and that's probably what's controlling it. Microsoft apps open files by the header, not the extension, you can confirm it by renaming any mp3 to wav and using win media player to open it.

But they aren't wavs, they're mp3s, so compression wouldn't know the difference.

I haven't submitted to map page yet because there's a couple touchups I need to do. Couple bugs I need to get rid of too.

Sargon

Reaction score
Sud said:
This is with three new sounds imported too

Moo! The new sounds are great.

Sud

Reaction score
I love hitting heroes with learning disability. Oh look, you now have 3/10 mana.

TH can outfight a lot of heroes too with his ban skill. It's tough to engage him head on because he'll moo on you and for 6 seconds all you can do is miss (you're silenced so you can't cast). So you have to do a fair amount of running around to get him to miss it then engage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.