For those zombie-aficionados anticipating the invasion

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
A peice of advice:

Wildly beating a zombie over the head with a flashlight beats the hell out of shooting them with any guns.

Trust me on this one.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Conan should have some device on his computer which automatically turns the computer off when he's drunk.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind. :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Someone tell me again who made that one a moderator...

Not to mention that a flamethrower has obvious advantages over a flashlight:
- it's less close
- it does more damage
- there's less of them left should they decide not to want to die from it

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Which one is more likely to be included in every soldiers standard equipment, a flamethrower or a flashlight?
And if not soldiers are equipped with anti-zombie weapons then i really wonder who will protect us when the invasion is here.

So your are most likely wrong here ace. That, or every soldier needs a flamethrower asap :)

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Pfft... Vacuum cleaners pwn flashlights. They have longer range, and they can clean up the mess afterwards. :cool: You can also spray the dust and dirt inside at the zombies to blind them. ^ ^

Should this be in General Discussion? Maybe the Humor Zone would fit it better. :p

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I totally agree with conan. Flashlights are extremely dangerous, but not even a flamethrower can outpower a flashlight in a duel against a zombie.

But.... Make sure the flashlight is turned on! This is crucial for any success when beating a zombie over the head.

Or, you could always climb up a tree and drop walnuts at impending zombies.

Either way suits me :)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Flashlights FTW!

It seems that zombies don't care about flashlights, but die smiling saying "that light...am I FINALLY in Heaven?"

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Please, the best way to kill a oncomming zombie is not with a flash light, you need a good sausage. Sure it will take longer, but when you finally get it done you have a higher sense of completion and your left with something to eat.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> soldier's standard equipment

Chewing gum and duct tape?

Seriously though, if you have to rely on an army of flashlights... the battle is pretty much lost from the start...

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
AceHart said:
Seriously though, if you have to rely on an army of flashlights... the battle is pretty much lost from the start...
Nah, as others may have said, you just poke them with fire, and laugh all along :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
A peice of advice:

Wildly beating a zombie over the head with a flashlight beats the hell out of shooting them with any guns.

Trust me on this one.

Pft. Trust Conan.

It was MY idea :rolleyes: LOL! XD

Conan was playing... Uh... Some game, ROFL, and talking to me on MSN. And he mentioned something about killing stuff with a flashlight and a whatever gun. So I says...

Ya know, it'd be so funny to watch someone get through the game by beating the crap out of everything with a flashlight... Especially if you ran out of ammo!

Trust ME, folks. It can be an ammo saver, in the end :)

Woo for flashlight beatings! XD

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
AceHart said:
Someone tell me again who made that one a moderator...
You have to admit though, he's probably the only one who's able to make a completely senseless and random thread where people actually start debating.

If that gift(?) is helpful is another matter. :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
As Seth said, I was playing Doom 3. Ran out of ammo, got my trusty flashlight, and beat a few zombies over the head with it. Took two hits with the flashlight, and about 4-5 with a shotgun.

2-P said:
Conan should have some device on his computer which automatically turns the computer off when he's drunk.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind. :)

I wish.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Zombies can also be killed by;

"Removing the head or, detroying the brain".

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Of course. You can always smack them with the butt of a shotgun in Darkwatch :)

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Everyone should go read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. It gives detailed explanations of ideal weapons, defenses, escape and hunting plans, and even a worst-case scenario (zombies become the predominant species on the planet). It's not supposed to be serious but it is written as if it is. There is not a single joke, so the first time I read it I thought it was for real. Regardless, a good read.

Some wisdom to carry with you:
--- NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER get close to a zombie. If you were to try to beat its brain to a pulp with your flashlight it wouls simply bite you before you killed it, and then you're screwed, because a zombie bite is 100% fatal.
--- Try to avoid lighting a zombie on fire when it is "alive". It will walk around for a good 15 minutes as a giant fireball if you do. And we all know that it will end up catching something else on fire.
--- The most effective guns are light and accurate. Missing the brain is very bad.
--- Zombies are mindless, so if your mom got bit and became a zombie, she won't respond to "Don't you remember me? I'm your little Johnny! Please momma, you gotta remember me!" She'll eat you just like the rest.
--- As long as the brain is intact, anything it is connected to can and will function. A zombie head still bites.

BTW, for future reference, I am The Helper's true zombie aficionado. In case anyone asks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.