For unit attack and disable it.

zero9x

Reaction score
Hi guys, i having a problem with a taunt ability like this:
(for example)

"When activate, enemies around 300 AoE must attack you at all cost. Last 3s"

Then i make a loop trigger that make enemies attack me every 0.1s, but the problem is if they press "s" or click to move away like mad, then they cant attack me. So im trying to pause unit and make them attack me every 0.1s, but it isnt work, can you guys have any ideas for this? Thanks

(The threat's name is "Force unit attack and disable it", sorry =.=)

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Are you kidding, the thread is several posts long and there are triggers you are searching for :) .

zero9x

Reaction score
No, im not searching for some easy-fix trigger like it. There's a way to disable taunted units, but no one know it -.-

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
Maybe you could remove selection of that unit to the owner and then add it after the duration ends. I can't think of any other way. Even if the loop time is very low, while smashing the 's' button the unit will still cancel it's actions.

Maelbog

Reaction score
Hi guys, i having a problem with a taunt ability like this:
(for example)

"When activate, enemies around 300 AoE must attack you at all cost. Last 3s"

When you say at all cost, what do you want to happen if more than two units cast the same ability at almost the same time and gathered the same units?
Say Caster1 is first, Caster2 is second, Caster3 is last to cast.
1) Enemies must change target from Caster1 to Caster 2 to Caster3?
or
2) Enemies must attack the Caster1 and ignore the effects of other Taunts from Caster2 and Caster3 during the 3 seconds?

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
if they should be unable to order anything:
trigger - unit selected
if unit_selected has buff "taunted" then
remove unit from selection for trigger player
endif
it will prevent any selections of taunted unit

thorhunter

Reaction score
No, im not searching for some easy-fix trigger like it. There's a way to disable taunted units, but no one know it -.-

The trigger specifies that each taunted unit whenever takes any action (ie. stop move or anything else) is ordered to attack taunting unit. If that's not the solution to your problem then I don't know what is.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
The trigger specifies that each taunted unit whenever takes any action (ie. stop move or anything else) is ordered to attack taunting unit. If that's not the solution to your problem then I don't know what is.
The particular solution enables the targeted units to keep attacking; however, what the op means is that he doesn't want them to cancel animation. Since if you keep smashing the 's' button then animation would be cancelled and no attack would be finished.

zero9x

Reaction score
Problem resolved!

Every 0.1s

Remove selection of taunted unit
Order taunted unit to attack Taunter

Maelbog

Reaction score
make it every 0.03s?

or just make it unfavorable for players who try to stop their attacks.

like adding
A unit is attacked
Unit type of Attacked Unit is equal to Taunter
Your Effects

thorhunter

Reaction score
After further investigating the issue i found out that my solution is indeed not working properly. There are alternatives to this:

1. Add and remove locust ability to the unit, then hide and unhide it after taunt is over, this however makes unit unselectable for both friends and enemies during taunt.
2. Change owner of the unit to computer controlled player. This however may be useful only if the teams are fixed and the computer must be an ally to you and your friends and an enemy to your enemies; the method requires one unused player slot per team with the ability.
2. You may try to recreate wc3's bug that makes players lose control of their units. However, this isn't reliable way of doing it and the only way to bring back control again is replacing the unit.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Or you could punish the target if he cancels his attacks. Just like in DotA with axe. When he taunts his enemies, if they cancel their attacks, then it's axe who benefits from it (triggering counter helix).

zero9x

Reaction score
And 1 problem, i tried to do this

Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit start effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to SPELL
    • Actions
    • Unit - Hide Target Unit
    • Wait 1 + (1 x Real(Level of SPELL))
    • Unit - Unhide Target Unit

But when i cast it, the Target Unit dissapear forever, how can i unhide it normally :( plz help me guys

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.