Spellpack Force Nova, Knockback, Storm Hammer Barrage and Power Break

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Well my first time releasing something...
The Map consists of 4 spells

muradin1ll7.jpg

1. ForceNova
- Basic Nova using shockwaves

muradin2sd2.jpg

2. Knockback
- Passive Knockback

muradin3rq0.jpg

3. StormHammerBarrage
- Aoe StormBolt

muradin4es4.jpg

4. Power Break
- Increases damage, Gives a few negative buffs to the target unit

Known Problems:
The KnockBack can only be applied to one unit at a time, if 2 units are being knockedback, either one will stop. This is because I don't know much JASS and the trigger isnt MUI :(

Systems I used, Vexorians CsCache & Caster System v13.9.
Well i didnt really used them, I just needed the ability preload function(avoids first cast lag for dummy spells by a little) from the castersystem which needed the cscache.

Give me some feedback.. :D
One more thing...I know my terraining skills are bad..
Aight..Updated

Spells create less or no lag now..
Spells smoother on first cast..
Map smaller by 150kb :D

Attachments

• TheHelperSpellsSubmission-Muradin-lh2705.w3x
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,856

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
holy shi* it looks so nice....
have you edited the models of some of the spells?
it looks so nice.....
wow...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
what do you mean eyecandy?

maybe ill ask some spell making to you next time i need one, is that ok?

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Its not really that great...I've seen better spells lol..
You should go see emjlr3's spells..

D

deathtomato

That AOE storm bolt looks awesome.... Damnit, i wanna see what happens when it hits those footmens!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
The knockback spell is my fav. Simply becuase its just looks cool, and is passive.

I liked the other spells too, but they had too larger area of effects. Power Break was alright, but very simple - the only thing that made it look good was the SFX..

+rep none the less :D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
A very nice spellpack but first of all remove the caster system and the CSCache. You don't need either of them, just a waste of space (and they take a lot!).
If you want preload ability...
Code:
function PreloadAbility takes integer abilcode returns nothing
    local unit u = CreateUnit(Player(13), 'hfoo', 0, 0, 0)    
    call UnitAddAbility(u, abilcode)
    call RemoveUnit(u)
    set u = null
endfunction

Why are you using two dummy units BTW? Why are you moving the created unit although you already created it on the position where its supposed to be?
Also your first trigger has a leak, needs one
Code:
Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterLoc)
after the loop.

Might also be a good idea to preload those effects you used (type in their path intro the GUI's preload action). By this I mean shockwave, storm bolt etc.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
O? lol I'll fix that...

I move them because i thought that they would be created very near the position instead of at the position because the hero is there, unless i am wrong..

And i have 2 dummies because i directly copied them from my other map, usually i use the flying one for non-missile spells and the non-fly one for missile spells...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well if you made the unit correctly (and it seems you have) it should have locust and fly which makes him pretty much placeable anywhere. Also invulnerability is not needed since it comes with locust.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Allright..Now i know..
Ah, thx guys for the feedback...

O darn, cant rep Tinki3 & R@d14nc3 ...
I owe u guys then..

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Indexed. ;)

the Immortal

I know, I know...
Reaction score
I think I found a bug. When you cast the "Force Nova" it creates 36 shockwaves, right? So it is possible 2 or more shockwaves to hit one unit, dealing [num] * 300 dmg.

Try to fix this or just add it as a bonus - "when a unit is near the caster he can receive double or triple damage":p

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
No its ment to be like that, the nova is suppose to deal more damage the closer the unit is to the caster...The learning tooltip says to already, I forgot to add it in for the normal tooltip..

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
All of your AOE spells were nice/good. But, don't you think too many people make them (lol, I can't really talk)? I mean, AOE spells are just for the eye candy right? And, maybe some other stuff..

I would like to see someone make a spell that is a single-target type. That's right, I've already made one :D I'll fix it up before I put it on this forum though. It's actually a 'trap' spell pack, with some disable-type spells to it as well.

Overall, I think the AOE spells were just for the eye candy - Passive Knockback FTW :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.