Forcing a cast on attack, applying cooldown to buff behaviours

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
In an attempt to tweak my weapon modification further, I thought about trying to force the unit to cast a particular ability - while it could probably be done with a behaviour-inducing effect associated with the weapon's Launch effects, I wanted to see if it was possible to get an Effect or Behaviour to cast an ability... so far, I haven't had any luck. Has anyone tried something like this yet, and had any level of success with it? I can't find any Behaviour or Effect types that look useful.

Secondly, is it possible to add a cooldown to passive Behaviours (such as the Concussive Shells slow for the Marauder unit) - I tried adding charges (well, starts with 1 charge by default, a maximum of 1 at any time, and costs 1 charge to use, with a 5sec recharge timer) and I've tried changing the Cooldown values in the Costs window, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the Behaviour since it's still occuring on every hit. Any idea if it's possible to apply a cooldown to passive stuff?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
In an attempt to tweak my weapon modification further, I thought about trying to force the unit to cast a particular ability - while it could probably be done with a behaviour-inducing effect associated with the weapon's Launch effects, I wanted to see if it was possible to get an Effect or Behaviour to cast an ability... so far, I haven't had any luck. Has anyone tried something like this yet, and had any level of success with it? I can't find any Behaviour or Effect types that look useful.

Secondly, is it possible to add a cooldown to passive Behaviours (such as the Concussive Shells slow for the Marauder unit) - I tried adding charges (well, starts with 1 charge by default, a maximum of 1 at any time, and costs 1 charge to use, with a 5sec recharge timer) and I've tried changing the Cooldown values in the Costs window, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the Behaviour since it's still occuring on every hit. Any idea if it's possible to apply a cooldown to passive stuff?

For the first one I have no idea. I would probably end up triggering it or something similar.

As for the second part, those behaviors occur upon every attack. Im not sure if it is possible to give it a cooldown. I have also tried and failed =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.