CTF Forest CTF

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
I'm doing a few small changes to the revive system, as well as reducing the Rogue's hp:

[*]On revive, players will recieve a 50% speed boost and period of invulnerability for 6 seconds.

I think that reducing rogue hp wouldn't be as effective as decreasing their damage output. If anything, I would say increase their hp but decrease their DPS. The hide, attack would make it nearly impossible to get the flag with a bunch of gnolls hiding around it.

Recieving invulerability is a good idea after a revive, but isn't 6 seconds along with a speed boost a bit too long? Considering how fast the heroes attack in this game, 6 seconds is more than enough time for spawning heroes to move to the enemy and land a few hits before they can retaliate. I would suggest invulerability but no speed boost. Or perhaps a shorter invulerability period.

Suggestion: Maybe a life mode, once you die, that's it until the next round.

IMO, heroes attack so fast that its hard not to die. This mode would make gnoll rouges be even deadlier. Simply camping the flag until the opponents run out of heroes would be the strategy.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I think that reducing rogue hp wouldn't be as effective as decreasing their damage output. If anything, I would say increase their hp but decrease their DPS. The hide, attack would make it nearly impossible to get the flag with a bunch of gnolls hiding around it.

I'm going to increase the delay (significantly) for both levels of the ability.

I was testing the map's fixed revived system (and was trying to hurry it, so I played rogue every time, for the speed boost), and I realized how strong the rogue really was. I was fighting the paladin, and I killed him, even though I didn't have to run away or anything (which is the rogue's tactics). I simply out-DPS'd him, and lived through his hard hits.

The rogue should be winning by running and fighting, not simply from out-damaging the enemy, so I need to reduce his health, to force players to run if they want to live.

Recieving invulerability is a good idea after a revive, but isn't 6 seconds along with a speed boost a bit too long? Considering how fast the heroes attack in this game, 6 seconds is more than enough time for spawning heroes to move to the enemy and land a few hits before they can retaliate. I would suggest invulerability but no speed boost. Or perhaps a shorter invulerability period.

I was testing it, and I felt 6 seconds was a good number. I may change it a bit, but it keeps people from camping, and it did well for allowing me to catch up to the flag carrier.

IMO, heroes attack so fast that its hard not to die. This mode would make gnoll rouges be even deadlier. Simply camping the flag until the opponents run out of heroes would be the strategy.

I agree about the way the game works right now, but I think once the game has become more balanced, it may become fun. It would make teaming up seen as much better than going off alone.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Only tested it 1v1, but it seems like a nice map.

Loved the big tree 'house' lols :D

Vylatin

Reaction score
Tested it and i think it is very good.

The only bad point would be the spells (only blizz)

4/5!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I got WCIII back, so I'm testing now. Possibly said before.

As Of 2.00a:
-Demon Warrior tooltip has a mistake, double comma.
-Human Hunter trap still shows as a Carrion Beetle :D.
-Human Hunter bear is really strong, kills someone even at level 5+ in like... 5 hits or less, plus the hunter helping.
-I suggest making sight range longer so that things like height advantage and chasing are in play, because right now you can barely see anything since there are so many things blocking you. Right now, the only place where sight works well is when you're at the top of the tree walking place, which is awesome btw.
-Is there a time limit for the traps? For the Human Hunter? Or a maximum amount allowed at a time?

Nice terrain Smith_S9. :)
Nice AI Darthfett. :) He always seems to find me, haha.

Once again, good job! :thup: I <3 Map? o_O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Darthfett

Reaction score
Perhaps change the "Left Click to Use" description on the item for the next version then. It was a bit confusing :D Also does it stack?

Ah, thought I got rid of that in another update. I'll fix it, thanks :) Also, no it does not stack.

Only tested it 1v1, but it seems like a nice map.

Loved the big tree 'house' lols :D

:eek: this map is amazing, I love it

Tested it and i think it is very good.

Thanks guys :) Was there anything in particular you thought could use some fixing up?

The only bad point would be the spells (only blizz)

I do have a few custom spells in there (depends on which class you played, though). I am still working on getting the game fully playable, but after that is finished, I will continue making custom spells. Some will remain blizzard spells (the ones that pretty much make the class what it is, such as the rogue's sprint), but the uninteresting/useless spells will be converted.

1 Demon Warrior tooltip has a mistake, double comma.
2 Human Hunter trap still shows as a Carrion Beetle :D.
3 Human Hunter bear is really strong, kills someone even at level 5+ in like... 5 hits or less, plus the hunter helping.
4 I suggest making sight range longer so that things like height advantage and chasing are in play, because right now you can barely see anything since there are so many things blocking you. Right now, the only place where sight works well is when you're at the top of the tree walking place, which is awesome btw.
5 Is there a time limit for the traps? For the Human Hunter? Or a maximum amount allowed at a time?

1. I'll find it, thanks :)
2. Yeah, I know it's not perfect, but I absolutely love the way it looks as a hole in the ground.
3. Yeah, the hunter is the kind of hero you have to have to play a little keep-away with. She has a lot of potential damage, but she has a relatively small mana pool, and one of the weaker attacks. However, if you can avoid her traps, and keep away from her pets, she's a much easier target.

I'll admit I haven't done much testing on the regular units, mainly due to the fact that they don't (currently) scale up with heroes, so I'll be sure to take a look at balancing issues.

5. There is a time limit for the traps. I believe it is 1.5 times the cooldown (I don't have the map in front of me at the moment, will edit when I do), so if you make a trap as soon as the cooldown expires, you can have two out. (The old trap will die shortly, however).

I have been quite a bit busy with college lately, so I haven't done as much work on the map as I'd like, lately. However, I just got a short break, so I will be sure to spend time on it. :)

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
hey, good game. I played with some bots in single player and found that it was actually entertaining. I did find some issues though.
1. The assassin has two spells with the hotkey 'd'
2. The length of the respawn timer windows seems to be too small, as most of my username was cut off. (was like "Exf... 0:10")
3. I think it would make mroe sense to have the leaderboard organized by team, rather than player.
The last two were not really issues - just things that would make a better game

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Rally of Justice's tooltip is screwed up, it keeps changing to random gibberish. (After you learn it.)

Allthough the terrain was pretty good, I think it needs work. Overall, though, this is a very well designed map!

I haven't had a chance to get a very lengthly in-depth test yet, though.

RaiJin

Reaction score
xD lol i like the game was fun. So many doodads but awesome for juking:thup::thup:

Darthfett

Reaction score
hey, good game. I played with some bots in single player and found that it was actually entertaining. I did find some issues though.
1. The assassin has two spells with the hotkey 'd'
2. The length of the respawn timer windows seems to be too small, as most of my username was cut off. (was like "Exf... 0:10")
3. I think it would make mroe sense to have the leaderboard organized by team, rather than player.
The last two were not really issues - just things that would make a better game

I've fixed hotkey conflicts, but thanks anyways. I don't expect anyone to go through all these posts just to post your feedback. ;)

2. I'm not sure what exactly is causing this, but I've found this problem as well. I'll look in to it.

3. Yeah, I've added it to my list. Thanks! :D

Rally of Justice's tooltip is screwed up, it keeps changing to random gibberish. (After you learn it.)

Allthough the terrain was pretty good, I think it needs work. Overall, though, this is a very well designed map!

I haven't had a chance to get a very lengthly in-depth test yet, though.

You're the first person (besides myself) to notice the Rally of Justice weird tooltip bugs. It IS based off of Bloodlust (I think you mentioned that autocast abilities sometimes are buggy), so I will probably base it off another spell. I've been meaning to do this, as the spell doesn't remember orders after casting.

Thank you both for testing! :D

==============

I am going to do a large re haul of some of the AI system, in order to improve upon the current organization, and allow for additional features. Once it's done, the AI's will be able to buy/pickup items, work with a dynamic flag location, as well as better combat intuition. AI's will analyze everything within a 1500 range that is in their line of sight, including working alongside allied players!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Awesome! :thup:

How come the AI computer always finds me. :rolleyes: Of course, it's the computer.

You should make different sets of AI's where the team leader (like first person on team) can choose, such as:
-Human - this AI is more team-aligned, and cares greatly about its allies, and will protect and save, sometimes more than getting the flag, good for healers
-Robotic- this AI is a pro- play to win, it will try to protect and save allies, but if it comes to choosing between helping an ally that is low on HP and getting chased, or getting the flag back, victory will be its main priority, good for offense

OR the usual "offensive" and "defensive" ones.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

CaptDeath

Reaction score
hey darth may be add more pics to the spoiler of the tree of awesome :D i want to be able to admire the terrain with out wc3 YAY!

Darthfett

Reaction score
Awesome! :thup:

How come the AI computer always finds me. :rolleyes: Of course, it's the computer.

Well the AI's not chasing you, I can guarantee you that. :p I don't want the AI to have access to things regular players don't have. (They won't automatically know where a flag carrier is, if he's hidden. They just know the flag is taken).

They actually just take somewhat randomized paths to get to their destination. If they're going after the flag, or something important like that, they'll take "fast paths", which do not lead off to the side for any reason.

You should make different sets of AI's where the team leader (like first person on team) can choose, such as:
-Human - this AI is more team-aligned, and cares greatly about its allies, and will protect and save, sometimes more than getting the flag, good for healers
-Robotic- this AI is a pro- play to win, it will try to protect and save allies, but if it comes to choosing between helping an ally that is low on HP and getting chased, or getting the flag back, victory will be its main priority, good for offense

OR the usual "offensive" and "defensive" ones.

That's a good idea. I didn't think about it before. :) However, in retrospect, there is always a "best" option. If the odds aren't good, then running in to save a doomed player isn't a smart option.

I am still considering the idea of offensive/defensive AI's, but I haven't come to that stage yet. It might be interesting to give the AI "players" new names that depict their play style, such as a bot named "I_Win" who does not like to camp the flag and usually buys weapons to help him grab the flag.

hey darth may be add more pics to the spoiler of the tree of awesome :D i want to be able to admire the terrain with out wc3 YAY!

Alright. ;)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Haha, names would be cool. Well, it would require strategy. I haven't played it with multiplayer yet so I don't know if heroes are re-pickable in a team, so say with a 2v2 game or something, and a team chooses warriors and DPS heroes, but they need a hero, so they can use Defensive or Supportive AI. Or vice versa with picking support heroes, and using offensive AIs.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.