Other Forest Escape

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
OK I'm finished terraining. Tell me if it needs some fixes.

Now I've got Photoshop. Just tell me if you want me to create the map preview/loadscreen.

As for the testing, I'll try to play it soon when I've got spare time.

Link to the Map

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
this looks great mate! i would love if you could manage to make a loading screen. that would be awesome

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Ok guys I could do a loading screen but I'm not available for modding yet because we're having a trip and a vacation in Singapore. I'll be modding in 27th of May.:D

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I could do a loading screen but I'm not available for modding yet because we're having a trip and a vacation in Singapore. I'll be modding in 27th of May.:D

kk (sorry i have been so AFK atm, i had exams and there was alot stuff i had to do). i would love to see a loading screen :thup:

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
OK I'll make a loading screen soon for this map, though I'm busy atm w/ some stuff such as drum lessons, manga drawing and omg BACK 2 SKOOL again for us this June 4th. Nevertheless, I'll try to finish it as soon as I can:thup:

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
OK I'll make a loading screen soon for this map, though I'm busy atm w/ some stuff such as drum lessons, manga drawing and omg BACK 2 SKOOL again for us this June 4th. Nevertheless, I'll try to finish it as soon as I can:thup:

mkay :D have fun. so we'll see each other later ^^

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I have at last resurrected this thread, but for a good reason. I finally managed to create the map preview for the map after 2 weeks of inactivity here. Hey dude, here's the link to v8.0b w/ the map preview on it.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/59364/

Loadscreen comes very soon!!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
oh man, I can't believe I questioned you! Furberg is da coolio! :D

Well, from the ideas and terraining of you two combined, this looks like a sick map. Uh... need to get some info and I will edit this.

EDIT: Ok, so it is released. Sweet, time to own this maze just like I own any other maze. ^.^ Maybe you could host it sometime.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Ok, so it is released. Sweet, time to own this maze just like I own any other maze. ^.^ Maybe you could host it sometime.

Yes you are now crying because this map rocks your socks! :p

But anyways, its also what im trying to accomplish, to find a guy who can frequently host this map. I got some friends that rarely can host this. If you want to play, just tell me what place you are on? Northrend/Azeroth/etc.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well... I can't host. :) Anyway, I tried the map and it was... mixed... sorta.

The Good
  • everything was smooth
  • yes! finally someone who makes the enemies unclickable! (btw, a more pro way would be to make them have the "Locust" ability - completely unclickable and invunerable isntead of still having a small selection scale
  • the terraining was nice (props to jonadrian)
  • the game was pretty balanced

The Bad/Bugs
  • player 1 (red) starts with 3 heroes
  • at the game lobby, you can be the Computer. Go to Force Settings, and under the "custom forces" checkbox, check the box under it to lock the forces.
  • in the first sliding place, 2 of my guys bugged because the second they got on the ice (er vines), I couldn't control them anymore and they started sliding in circles.
  • this isn't really a point but to the above point - I almost would've won with NO DEATHS!!!! except for that bug =)
  • in the boulder place with the waterfall, it's a bit cheap except for using Divine Shield because you can't 100% really even see where the boulder lines up to...
  • for Revives in checkpoints, that needs to be fixed out. It revives me even when I'm alive! meaning - I lose my mana. =(
  • at the place after the boulder with the like 100 cannons shooting at one narrow pathway, I was just waiting for my mana to regen when I suddenly teleported to another checkpoint across the map and there were like Malfurions mounted shooting green orbs at us and we like instantly died. Some orbs bugged and stopped moving randomly...

Anyway, it seems like a good maze except for the bugs. :p Man... the sliding killed poor me. :( :D :thup:

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for the long description, thanks for the all the good stuff and i will start fixing all the bugs and too hard spots. Im gonna change that thing with Enemies so you cant press at them at all. I will try to fix that weird slide bug. And the malfurions is Al Gores!.. but... Maybe to hard, i will have to remake that level :p Thanks mate :thup:

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Forest Escape has been updated! Alot! Here is some examples that vine said was bad in the old version, almost every single one have been fixed:

The Bad/Bugs
  • player 1 (red) starts with 3 heroes - fixed
  • at the game lobby, you can be the Computer. Go to Force Settings, and under the "custom forces" checkbox, check the box under it to lock the forces. - fixed
  • in the first sliding place, 2 of my guys bugged because the second they got on the ice (er vines), I couldn't control them anymore and they started sliding in circles. - i dont know why that happens, if anyone knows please tell me.
  • this isn't really a point but to the above point - I almost would've won with NO DEATHS!!!! except for that bug =) - fixed
  • in the boulder place with the waterfall, it's a bit cheap except for using Divine Shield because you can't 100% really even see where the boulder lines up to... - fixed
  • for Revives in checkpoints, that needs to be fixed out. It revives me even when I'm alive! meaning - I lose my mana. =( - fixed
  • at the place after the boulder with the like 100 cannons shooting at one narrow pathway, I was just waiting for my mana to regen when I suddenly teleported to another checkpoint across the map and there were like Malfurions mounted shooting green orbs at us and we like instantly died. Some orbs bugged and stopped moving randomly... - being fixed as we speak
And alot more have been changed! We got ourselves a decent ending also. I just need to make a trigger that will end the game if there is no more Escapers, cant make it work at the moment. If anyone got some help then please post.

Please try out the map and post comments/ideas! - The map is not protected

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay guys! Im bumping this again because it has seriously been fixed! Sliding system works great! There is more effects! Weather system is also working! So please try the map and give some C&C.

Btw if you would find yourself spinning around write "-unstuck".

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow.. Isn't the B.net world small, You just happened to be in My Clans Co-Founders ex-clan (That makes sense.. It does!)

Anyway, I'll try the full map single player sometime and look through the triggers.
If you need me to host it, just ask =]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah dude - Romek + Me plays Northrend :(. But if you ever find yourself making a Northrend account my Username is Furberg ^^

And we just happen to stay in the same channel most of the time :thup:

Anyway - I woke up about 30 minutes ago, and I'll finish your map quickly before moving onto the campaign I was telling you about :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.