Forum Enhancements

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
I was thinking of the following enhancements we could bring to TheHelper.net

Updated FAQ - As new problems get solved, we could update a FAQ which people could use for solving their problems rather than posting here and waiting for an anwser which was alwardy discovered. Not only that but we can sometimes forget of solutions we thought of in the past. It would keep us from constanlty writing the same solutions for the same problems all over again and save the user's time.

Marked Threads - When the user's problem gets solved, we could mark it so to increase the forum's organization.

I suppose whoever is in charge of this site is aimed, but any regulars please do give feedback on this.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I don't want to insist too much but I really think these ideas would help out.

B

BarbForLife

nonamerequired, you must help me, i can't get access to my PM, can you just help me here, please please please please please, just copy and paste what you PMed me here, please please please please please

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I can't access it either. The site is really slow right now, I suggest we wait until tommorow. This is the only forum I can access.

If you want we can try to fix your latency issues on Battle.net. Let's start. What is your ISP and connection type ? (56k, cable, dsl, etc.)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
sorry to drag your post off-topic but you can usually access the User CP if you click the link a lot, very quickly

it's a pain right now

B

BarbForLife

ADSL

1st edit: sorry to take so long i thought you weren't going to reply untill tomorrow

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Go on DSL Reports and do a tweak test. (Under DSLR Tools) Copy-Paste the results here.

Rapmaster - You are right, it loaded right away ! What's happening with the site anyway ? I find it strange that The Help Zone is the only forum that works properly.

B

BarbForLife

the results are:

Your Tweakable Settings:
Receive Window (RWIN): 8760
Window Scaling: off
Path MTU Discovery: ON
RFC1323 Window Scaling: OFF
RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF
Selective Acks: ON
MSS requested: 1460
TTL:
(less any hops behind firewall)
TTL remaining: 116

Example 146000 byte download
Actual data bytes sent: 146000
Actual data packets: 100
Max packet sent (MTU): 1500
Max packet recd (MTU): 1500
Retransmitted data packets: 0
sacks you sent: 0
pushed data pkts: 25
data transmit time: 8.315 secs
our max idletime: 527.4 ms
transfer rate: 14866 bytes/sec
transfer rate: 118 kbits/sec
This is not a speed test!
transfer efficiency: 100%

ICMP (ping) check
Minimum ping: 417 ms
Maximum ping: 428 ms
Ping stability:
421 421 424 417 419 418 425 423 420 428

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
What was under Note and Recommendations ?
What is your Internet Service Provider ?

B

BarbForLife

B

BarbForLife

f.y.i. the extereme lag started this wednesday and i asked people around my neighborhood if they have experienced lag and they said no, and i asked what's their ping, they said around 90, so it has to be my problem, not the ISP's problem

1st edit: wait i'm kinda stupid and don't know how to run the dr. tcp, so you'll have to give me the procedures

2nd edit: how do i enable time stamping? are you talking about dr. tcp? or the tweak in the website?

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Have you enabled TimeStamping ? After you do, please do another tweak test. Also do speed tests and copy-paste the results here.

To run Dr.TCP, you must first unzip it using WinZip. After you have unzipped it to the folder of your choice, simply double-click on DR TCP.exe. You enable TimeStamping from DR TCP. After you did, turn off your external modem for 30 seconds and back on then reboot your computer.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Try changing your RWIN to 29040 from DR TCP. Once again, turn off your modem for 30 seconds and back on then reboot your computer.

B

BarbForLife

wait those results are before i did the timestamping thing, i just got back from put TimeStamping to yes and then pressed SAVE and turned off my modem for 30-45 second and then i turned it back on and then reboot my computer, so what i do now? run the speed test again? do i have to run dr. tcp when i run the speed test?

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Right now, do the tweak test and post the new link. Dr TCP is only a small program which modifies your registry entries for you according to the settings you entered. After your connection will be tweaked to it's full capacity, you can safely delete it. For now, keep it. DR TCP does not need to be running while doing tests.

Also go on Battle.net on both USEast and USWest and check your ping by typing fps in the chat window.

B

BarbForLife

here is tweaked result after TimeStamping only!!!

http://monitor.dslreports.com/tweak/block:480f36d?service=dsl&speed=768&os=win98SE&via=normal

let me run that 2 something something on dr. tcp and then post you teh results

while you wait, why do you think i lag so much right now??? ping so high for USA based like me...

is it becaused my NIC? my phone cord???

1st edit: wait how to change my RWIN thing? to 209040??? in dr tcp???

2nd edit: wait do you mean the tcp recieve window? so i just put 209040 in there and follow the previous steps?

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
According to the Tweak Test, you have not enabled TimeStamping.
In Dr TCP, make sure you select "Yes" besides TimeStamping and then reboot. There could be many reasons why your pings are high, but I believe a little tweaking might fix it. For now, do not touch the TCP Recieve Window.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.