Forum Enhancements

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
your RWIN is still too low, I suggest you use DRTCP and click on the RWIN window change the number to 260,000 hit the save button, and restart your computer. Then re-run the tweak test, Set the RWIN to the highest suggested number, restart your computer and you should be better

Nice improvement getting to 600+kbps

B

BarbForLife

but it says my rwin range is good... anyway can you give me the pocedure on how to use dr. tcp? i mean i know how to use it but i don't know how to make the change dr. tcp made in my registry to take effect

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
run DrTCP

point you mouse at the TCP receiver window.
left click.
delete the number in there and type in 260000 (you do not put in the coma, and yes that is 260,000).
point your moust at the IPMTU or MTU window above the exit button.
left click.
enter 1500.
point your mouse at the save button
click on the save button
click on the exit button
restart your computer

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
No, it will change the MTU setting and the RWIN setting that is in your registry, but that is what it is supposed to do. It will not change anything but the settings it allows you to change.

B

BarbForLife

never the less... it's not working, my ping is back to 370... somebody help me!!!

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
A comment. I have Earthlink DSL a few weeks back I would have download/upload speeds of 1255kbps/322kbps first thing in the morning and by 10PM it would have degraded to a low of maybe 27kbps/127kbps. They had a bandwidth problem which they have since corrected. I seldom go below 800kbps now.

your download and upload speeds are related to your ping times, your ISPs bandwidth and other factors. High ping times (like 300 or more) will almost always guarantee your haveing bad down load speeds.

Also the further distance you are from your phone companies nearest switch will lower your download speeds.

B

BarbForLife

but the problem is the high ping occurs just last wednesday and my friends who live in my community their download speed is just fine and their pings are all around 90s, so it's my problem

1st edit: p.s. i already download the latest firmware for my modem... doesn't work... well guess i'll have to call verizon then

2nd edit: p.p.s. also i'm only 1 and half miles away, besides, as i said, it started happen on wednesday...

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
One last thing, have you run a virus check on your computer?

Contacting Verizon is your next move, after we eliminate your computer as being the problem.

B

BarbForLife

yes i did... well my ping start to going crazy... again... shortly after the verizon have fixed the connectivity issue

whole story: this after noon i called them and they said west covina, california (which is where i live) might experience problem connecting to internet and they are try to solve the problem, then i called again they said the problem is resolved and then i ran a ping check it's very good, then i log onto battle net and then tries to play diablo 2 but ping start to going high again, i ping tested again and my ping is 450 now!!! so... what's going on?

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
It looks decent. Try playing on Battle.net now. We can worry about your download rate later.

B

BarbForLife

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtests/654424;137457;313c70ebd4ffb4e7aa9a9666cf0df7a3;2.0;www.dslreports.com

1st edit: there, copy and paste teh whole thing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.