Forum System Reviews

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Google AdSense and other advertising on large sites can make you money, they are usually Pay Per Click type things or exchanges for hosting, etc.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Link Sales, Banners, also PPC can get you money, such as google adsense.

Link Selling is good money on higher PR sites while PPC and CPM programs such as adsense are good on high niche-targeted traffic.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
try here

since your last update was in this year, im assuming you are still checking out the thread

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Oh, my god, never link to freeforums. NEVER.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
he was doing reviews for free forums. and... does that mean i cant suggest any more?

Lyerae

Reaction score
What's the point of doing reviews for freeforums? If your going to host a forums, do it yourself.
There are plenty of free-hosts out there that allow you to host forums.
Every experience I've had with freeforums has been terrible. Hosting and using.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
and he cant review a free forum? i dont see what you are getting at, just being stereotypical about crappy free forums.

if free forums were end of the question bad, DDR wouldnt even be making reviews on free forums, but he did

Lyerae

Reaction score
What I'm saying is, if your going to host forums, what's he point of using freeforums?
Eventually, if it gets big enough, you'll have to move to your own server, and the majority of freeforums won't let you make (free or not) database backups, so everyone will have to register again, and you'll lose all the posts.

That, along with the inabilty to upload new plugins, themes, and such, and a limited ACP.
So yeah, he can review them, but take it from someone who has used them (both managed and was member of): They aren't good. If you really want to host a forums, get a host.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I didnt review any free forum sites, and I don't plan on doing it either. Free forums are a complete waste, if you really want to make a site you can get off your ass and get hosting. :p

All of the ones listed are forum systems that you install on your own host. On that note, I may add a few new reviews soon when I get time, no promises though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.