Four Kingdoms (my project)

Z

Zeller

Four Kingdoms (new here, need feedback)

Intro
Okay, just to introduce myself I am Zeller from battle.net, and have been playing around with world edit for some time and now I am planning on making a map, based mostly on the Castle Builder and Castle Seige games.

Brief
There will be 4 major cities (or kingdoms) each controlled by a computer. The map size will be epic and the cities will be placed at each corner. The players (4) will be assigned to each city. The object is to kill your rival kingdom's king, who will be deep within the city.

In Depth

The Forces
The forces will work like this:

FORCE 1
Red (Player)
Blue (Computer)
FORCE 2
Teal (Player)
Purple (Computer)
FORCE3
Yellow (Player)
Orange (Computer)
FORCE 4
Green (Player)
Pink (Computer)

Each player is working for their respective kingdom by raising armies to attempt to kill the 3 other kingdom's king.

The Good Stuff
Throughout the entire map there will be computer run towns, mines, and farms that can be taken over and converted to the player's computer counterpart. (If red takes over a town, it will turn blue for example)

Farms and Mines
Well, what good is having a army if you can't feed or outfit them? Across the map there are farming fields and mines that you can take over. When the mine or farm has a full load of food or metal, the farmer or miner (controled by the computer) will get his pack horses and wagons ready and bring the supplies to the city where it will be put to use. (This also means that other kingdoms can harass you by killing the farmers when the are enroute to the city) Food insures that your troops are healthy and happy. Lack of food will drasticly reduce their stats, and in extreme cases they will run away from the army. Metal allows you to create units (more on that in the 'Soldiers' section)

Towns
Taking over a town can be tough. There are two large towns and other small villages for the taking. At the begining of each game the town will be neutral and it is as simple as sending some troops into the town to take it over. However, once a player has the town under their control they can fortify it with towers.

Soldiers
To train soldiers you need to convince citizens in your towns (that you took over) to join the army. At each town there is an option under the town hall to do a recruitment campaign for that town. At the end of each campaign a certain number of citizens will join the army. These people are called recruits, and they have no attack to begin with. In the city you can outfit your recruits at the barracks into the units you want (footmen, calvary, archers, etc).

The Units
Each line of units has 3 tiers to it,
to get to the next tier it must be researched. The amount of metal that these units rquire will increase dramaticly as you go higher up.

Melee
Soldier
Calvary
Royal Guard

Ranged
Archer
Marksmen
Ranger

Healers
Adebt
Master
Grand Master

Siege Engines
Mortar Squad
Catapult
Siege Engine (Steam Tank)

The Progress
So far I have most the units created and I am in the process of balancing them out. For now I will work on one half the map, so the earliest version will only be 1vs1 instead of 1vs1vs1vs1. After this I am going to get to work creating the villages, towns, and cities.

-----

I came here to thehelper.net to get your guys opinion on this map idea, and I am pretty sure I will need your help when I get into doing the triggers. Please leave any comments or questions. (Dont hesitate, I feel I didn't do a good job explaining the map)

Thanks in advance!

R

Razthemapper

Sounds great to me! I really am curious if this project will be finished! Keep up the good work!

Z

Zeller

Work on the map is going faster then expected, I should have a stable playable version (only 1 vs 1) before Christmas. I will start posting pictures within a couple of days.

Yoshii

Reaction score
sound great however 4 player seem kinda low , being alone on a side I would feel lonely;P

W

what666said

Yoshii said:
sound great however 4 player seem kinda low , being alone on a side I would feel lonely;P

Agreed, people these days don't want complicated games, they want simple games where lots of people can play and have fun, and dis each other, so on.

Z

Zeller

I am not sure how I would be able to incorporate more players, any suggestions?

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Clever, but as stated, it'd be much better if there were at least two players per team. So you could play with your friend vs other random people and use joint tatics, etc.

W

what666said

Yeah, you could set it up so that you can either have a computer as your teamate, OR a human.

Z

Zeller

what666said said:
Yeah, you could set it up so that you can either have a computer as your teamate, OR a human.

yes but I at least need a computer controlling the caravans, I dont really want a player to control when they set out and what route they take; it has to be fixed. Still, any suggestions would be awsome.

Z

Zeller

Cloak_Master said:
Then just give them locust so they cant be selected and control them with triggers.

:eek:

How do you do that? That would be awsome!

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Which, giving them the locust or controlling them? Just go into their ability field and add locust so they can't be selected by players, and order them to go to certain points to move them with triggers. That simple, good luck!

Z

Zeller

cool, I was expecting some big trigger to get them unselectable

thanks for your help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.