free file recovery programs

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt... the sound of a drive reaching the end of it's life.
Booting up the computer and having all your profiles corrupted is another sign also ..

Right another Maxtor harddrive died in my system . Not maxtors fault i think (hope). After a few WD's and seagates we switched to Maxtor and so far only 4 dead HD's so far . Not a bad score . Why they die i dunno .. Need cooling ?? Maxtor says not . Tobe sure all my harddrives have extra cooling (double fans) mounted right onto the harddrive . Harddrive is attached to the upper metal front in the case so it can pass the heat to the case itself . The cd burner is mounter all the way 10 centimeters away from the HD.

Just writing this down incase someone thinks i do not know how to install a harddrive .
Guess my luck ends with harddrives even tho they never get hot .

Anyway's let's get to the point .. Since the whole harddrive was corrupted i installed a new harddrive (nother maxtor) and attached the old drive .. Not much i could recover and there was not much i needed to recover from it anyways (hello mr backup).
Cept that one little email i wanted back that holded some info i needed .

Test case . corrupted maxtor 40 Gb drive. one partition formatted 4 times from fat32 to ntfs and back :)

I first started with getdataback.. awfull program .. that people pay money for it .

Nother util is http://www.pcinspector.de . It's for free . And wow it was able to get some folders back in 100% working condition . Even was able to recover photo's from a format 2 years ago .

But still not the file i was looking for .

Virtual Lab from http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/trial/1mbfree.lasso
Now this is a powerfull program . I was able to retrieve the email . Cept it was corrupted and still not got it back . But i was impressed on how good it worked ! You can recover 1 meg for free wich is not much but still awesome if you really need to recover that one special file you deleted. The price for more data is reasonable . Granted when you just wiped the company's database and 200 angry persons are banging on your door everything is cheap hehehe :D

Nother fine util for the suffering people who work in the IT sector called techs and have to deal with users with high demands .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.