Free NUON controllers

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Let's finish this.

In cleaning out my garage I realized I still have a couple dozen controllers left. These are ones that I tried to fix by quickly cleaning the contacts, but couldn't get them working. They may yet function if you take some time to clean them properly. They might also need some light solder work as midnight8 discovered. I don't know and don't have time to debug them. Some are physically broken with buttons or sticks missing.

I have two boxes of about 10-15 controllers each. I will send them to anyone willing to pay the shipping costs. As a bonus I'll throw in a couple NUON pens that I have left. I'll upload a picture of the pen soon, but they're pretty nice Cross pens.

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the pen:

community_award_pen.jpg

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if noone takes you up on iot I would be willing to pay shipping but it will have to be after I get power back from the hurricane and get mail running here. not sure how long that will be and I can't work on them without power anyway. so if noone takes them I will for sure. maybe a few days before I can check the board again but let me know.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Sounds good. They're stored under my bed at the moment so no worries about time frame.

cyberdemon

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Let's finish this.

In cleaning out my garage I realized I still have a couple dozen controllers left. These are ones that I tried to fix by quickly cleaning the contacts, but couldn't get them working. They may yet function if you take some time to clean them properly. They might also need some light solder work as midnight8 discovered. I don't know and don't have time to debug them. Some are physically broken with buttons or sticks missing.

I have two boxes of about 10-15 controllers each. I will send them to anyone willing to pay the shipping costs. As a bonus I'll throw in a couple NUON pens that I have left. I'll upload a picture of the pen soon, but they're pretty nice Cross pens.

I'm still interested in one,and the pen sounds nice.Let me know how much the shipping is and where to send it,Thanks.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Just to be clear, these are controllers of unknown status. They may or may not work if you clean the contacts. And I would like to ship a whole box at a time. Still interested?

cyberdemon

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just to be clear, these are controllers of unknown status. They may or may not work if you clean the contacts. And I would like to ship a whole box at a time. Still interested?

I'm sorry i misunderstood,i guess not but thanks anyway.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry i misunderstood,i guess not but thanks anyway.

If i end up with any of these after my power is back on I will do like I did last time and If I am able to fix any I will distribute them 1 or two at a time for a very very reasonable cost. I think I got like 7 bucks shipped for the last ones just enuff to cover contact cleaner and gas to buy the stuff and ship them. So no fear if you don't get a box I would put you on the list if I am able to fix any. If they can't be fixed then u really didn't miss out on anything.

cyberdemon

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If i end up with any of these after my power is back on I will do like I did last time and If I am able to fix any I will distribute them 1 or two at a time for a very very reasonable cost. I think I got like 7 bucks shipped for the last ones just enuff to cover contact cleaner and gas to buy the stuff and ship them. So no fear if you don't get a box I would put you on the list if I am able to fix any. If they can't be fixed then u really didn't miss out on anything.
Thank you,i appreciate that.

H

HolyWater

skah_T did you find a willing person to take the controllers and pens off of you?

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
midnight8 has offered to take one of the two boxes of controllers. I'm just waiting on his payment for shipping. The other box is so far unclaimed.

I had several takers for the pens, but I still have a ton left.

Kevincal

Cool Member
Reaction score
I may want 1 controller. Are these still available for free + shipping? How much is shipping? Thank you.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I do still have a bunch of the controllers. They are mostly untested and may or may not work. They may work for you immediately or you may need to clean the contacts on them to get them functional. Worst case there would be some defect that prevents them from working entirely.

I'm happy to send you as many of them as you like provided you pay for shipping.

viMaster

Reaction score
Man, I just don't come by here enough.

I know you were selling those controllers by the box, but doesn't look like you've had any more takers.

I'd take 2 controllers (sorry, can't do much with an entire box hehe) and a couple pens if you still have any. PM me a paypal address and how much shipping would be to 84401 and I can send payment immediately.

viMaster

Reaction score
Skah_T shipped me a few and I just wanted to say thanks publicly.
Also, you can update that first post with a smiley since you shipped mine :D

He sent 2 pens as well and those are just cool!

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Oops, that list is way out of date. I just removed it instead. Glad you like the pens!

jmtech

Reaction score
I need two controllers. I never did get any for my player. Please let me know if there are any left.

Thanks,

jm

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I still do have some controllers left. Once my current round of auctions finishes I will start going through and contacting people that have asked about them. Be sure to send me a PM if you are still interested.

Please remember, these controllers might not (and in all likelihood, will not) work without some debug.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I have one last set of three controllers all boxed and ready to go (along with two NUON pens). I made this package for someone that expressed interest, but I never heard from them again.

This is the *last* batch of controllers I will send out. Send me a PM if you're interested. Price of shipping only.

Remember that these controllers are likely non-functional. These are meant to go to someone that wants to try to fix them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.