Friggin 1023 ping on cable!

M

miked0073

Im getting pissed as much as one can here. What the hell is the problem? I have at&t ultralink cable, with a 1000mhz proc, 512 ram. I dont get it! It runs great when i get in and then it hits the shits to 1023 ping then goes down and up down and up. Has anyone else been through this hell? I am using windows 2k pro sp3.:mad:

M

miked0073

I have set all my video setting to low and it seemed to help some. Thing is I have an Nvidia 440mx 64meg ddr agp card, I dont understand it. I have the via chipset, and have the latest 4n1 drivers as well. Beets me!!!!!!!! Piss3s me off to, im just about to cry! hehe If anyone has any words of wisdom please share, it wont be unappreciated.

U

Unregistered

I have the same thing...

Ive tryed all the tips on these forums and other forums..

Am on adsl connection..

And the game runs fine for the first 5 sec's, then the dreaded 1023 ping

I notice when pressing Alt + Tab then going back to BF1942, your ping will be nice for about 5 seconds..

Then bam 1023....

M

miked0073

I do the alt+tab thing to. You know I have noticed something funny, I played on a server with 60 people, and had no lag!? I played on a server with 2 to 5 and got the 1023. Do you guys think it could be a server to client, hardware configuration or non compatability issue? I do have my sack opts, rwin, mtu, mss, and all of that configured right for optimal speed. Im thinking it must be certain servers hardware and client. This is the only thing I can think of. Thanks fo ryour help so far, I wanna get to the bottom of this hehe :)

M

miked0073

Oh Chile, I forgot to add in last post, multiplayer mp demo? I dont have the demo, I bought my copy and have the patch. Are those files the same as the retail version?

M

miked0073

I got it! Had to disable the 4x mode in my bois for my video card.

U

Unregistered

mike could you explain exactly what you did...this problem is killing me

U

Unregistered

Yah, well i tried tweaking my graphics in the game first. That helped me some. Then messed with the sound, no dice there. So I went into my biso to check some video settings, I had some wierd idea it was a video problem for me, but also did a couple other things. First, I dont use a usb mouse or keyB. There is an option in my bios settings that will let me turn this on or off. It was under my optional features. Then made sure all my bios shadowing and caching was at the default level. Agp agepure? I think thats how you spell it, I set that at 32, I have 512 RAM pc and 64 on my video card and its DDR. I made sure that my memory hole was disabled, and AGP 4X was turned off. AAfter doing all this I booted the beast up and got into a game and cried the most wonderfull tears of joy as a sprayed bullets of 1023ping resentment, and planes were flying out of the skies! I was on top again! Driving tanks with smooth FPS and deleviring artillery barage with care. hehe. I hope this has helped you. If you do not know how to go into your bios and change setting, you should have a trained tech look at it, or talk you through it, say if you own a dell or a gateway etc. Im a league manager now for the International Gaming Syndicate and looking for admins! We offer alot of game genres and alot of competition. http://theigs.net Our Battlefield section is due to be up any time now. Have fun fraggin :)

1 more major consideration!
When you go into a game, and you see a person with a ping of 0, then you will start to lag im sure when people start coming in, unless that guy has a Northwind pentium on a t3! That means its not a dedicated server, just someone hosting on broadband.
Also, in your installation folder for the game, in the movies directory, you can go ahead and delete those and it will take you right to the menu.(if you didnt already know)

Have a good one, anything else i can help with let me know.
I dont know why but it logs me in and says im not! 8)

M

miked0073

this is weird, I made that last post.... see ya
email me if i can help more and also if you are interested in the league.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.