futuristic gear room

G

guitarplay

Had a vision and went with it. I like it so far please comment on it. I want to use a type of laser like energy to attach the gear to the inner motor or whatever it is. I cant get anything to look go yet so i left it out in the render. Its taken a bit of time so far, but i wanted to wait a bit before posting it, i was hoping to get the lasers in.

Attachments

• gears.jpg
    gears.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 262

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Looks cool.
Just add a bg, and some texture and you're set. :D

G

guitarplay

thanks. THe only reason its realistic is mainly because of the simple texture/ material, and it being renderd in yafray. Im gonna make a bg, and do a lot of that separate from the main model. Without the lasers i just added it takes around an hour. With them its around well over 14 hours. I did the first one and screwed up on light intensity crazy bad. Il post it anyway. I just started the second rendering with lasers now with about 1/3 the intensity. Hopefully it will work cause its annoying waiting a day and only being able to work for a little bit before having to start the rendering.

Attachments

• gears_lasers.jpg
    gears_lasers.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 233
G

guitarplay

its been a while since i posted updates. Ive only just now got the lights to a correct level. Since it takes around 12 hours to render i don't get very much time to work. I took a couple of renders to get right so each test took 12 hours on low quality!!! I finally got the lasers nearly perfect. Could be a little less intense but for now im happy. I can test when i need to render a new addition.

Tell me what you think, and what i should add in the bg to make it cool. Ima throw up some sweet like computer shit and some stuff on walls. Maby like server towers in one area, and a little computer terminal station in the corner.

Attachments

• gers_final_laser.jpg
    gers_final_laser.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 219
G

guitarplay

whel the only real materials ive made is the lasers actualy. What u see is all the same just grey that it automatically renders as without a material. That comes later.

and as for the lumps, you kinda gotta figure ur own reason for um but without them it looks to plain. I didnt give them much of a purpose. THere only on the showing side of each gear though as with the engines stands.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I kinda thought it'd look better without the side-gear-lumps, because it lures your eyes away for some reason... Either that or I'm INSANE!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: lol

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I kinda thought it'd look better without the side-gear-lumps, because it lures your eyes away for some reason...

I agree, I think the blocks should at least have some kind of consistancy. It would make it look much better.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
That looks really awesome! Like it was said, it looks quite real.

What program do you use to model?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Seriously, I wish I could model like that. That is really awesome.

G

guitarplay

whel, i use blender. And its completely free.

Bout the random blocks that stick out, il do some testing with those and giving them a patter or whatnot and see what i like. I appreciate that cause its the type of thing i can improve. I just did it preety randomly.

glad everyone likes it though. Il post another update when i have one. Im bussy as hell latelty.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
To make it a Gear room it must have lots of gears. So a good idea would be to copy that gear or half of it, and make copies of it around the room, in horizontal postions too. It would look good too if you put 2 gears side by side vertically.

G

guitarplay

valid point. Ive been playing around with what i think i should do and it would be a good space filler and look more appropriate that way. For now though ive started work on a desk. If you have ever seen grandmas boy and remember jd's desk, im thinkin along the lines of that. Im not quite copying it QUITE cause im too lazy to look at it closely, so im just kind making something similar. I renderd it on a different layer so it didnt take hours only like a minuite, but tell me what you think. Its the first step in creating a bg environment

Attachments

• gears_bg.jpg
    gears_bg.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 205

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
A desk in a gear room....it just doesn't fit. Look at pictures of the inside of clocktowers and that should give you some inspiration. I know on one of the resident evils there was a cool clock tower...just cant remember which one it was.

G

guitarplay

whel i called it that (futuristic gear room) with lack of a better description and the fact i had no direction with the project, most of it im creating on the go. Tech center that runs two rediculous looking engine like generators that then power the large seemingly insignificant gears would be a better title i guess. Ima go somewhere with it by the time its done. Ima defenity add some more gears (thanks for the idea) that attach to that main one (probably not laser ones cause the lasers take up a redonculous amount of time to render) but something that leads outa the sceen cause i have nothing for them to turn other than more gears.

The desk is like the control center for the room, which is gonna be lined with all sorts of technical equipment.

G

guitarplay

did a bit more work on the desk with some computors. Best ive done cause ive been away for a week and just recently been too busy to model much.

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 201
G

guitarplay

alright i do realize that ive been a bit spuratic with my posts but i made the time to do some more work and i think its starting to look realy nice. Please tell me what you think. Im almost ready to merge the two sceens.

Attachments

• geras_bg.jpg
    geras_bg.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 228

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Ok, Wow, That is amazing, best graphic i've seen today, or possibly this week.
<3 :) <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.