Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Gaias Retaliation ORPG *Updated*

Download:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...f7dc711d794f17f2dd57c32be&dateline=1265317503

version 04-02-10 now available!

04-02-10 is downwards compatible until 31-01-10.

If you experience crashes during the loading process, try set your "Texture Quality" setting to high. That should fix the problem.

new features:
- Fixed a loottable bug: Searing Blood does now drop properly from D2 bosses
- Slightly increases material drop chance for almost all materials and rare materials
- Fixed pathing at the Giant Wolf's place
- Fixed a bug that rendered a hero invulnerable when dying during the D2 boss cinematic
- The Ancient One encounter completely redesigned
- Bandits spawned from Sergeant Daekan will now be removed once the fight resets
- Fixed bugs with Confidence

gaja42weissneucrop.jpg

Years have passed since the poison of Gaia sprung forth from the lands. Corrupted forests, inhospitable to all, have spread across the face of Kurodan, and borders have faded as all fled before the encroachment of the toxic spores. Ankhmaron, the last haven protected by the Grand River, has sent out messengers to gather volunteers for the task of finding a cure to the plague.
In a tavern close to the village Riversdale, a small group of adventurers have gathered, unknowing, that their search will turn out not to be just a race against time ...

Creators:
Shapy: Terraining
muzzel: Jass
teh.fellow aka Playmo: Terraining, project leading
Zwiebelchen aka Todeszwiebel: Jass, object data, terraining, project leading

We are still looking for experienced modellers!

Features:
- Unique aggro system and Boss AI
- Spells with casting time, all being able to be countered, interrupted, etc.
- 5 classes playable
- 8 spells per class - 2 at start, 4 available at vendors, 2 can be found on world and dungeon bosses
- 2 dungeons
- 19 quests
- Building interiors
- 4+ hours of content
- Attachment System
- Save/load

The classes:

Squire
squirem.jpg

- The basic tank and melee class
- Can evolve into Berserker and Crusader
Skills: Taunt, Hateful Strike, Gaping Wounds, Shield Block, Revenge, Heroic Presence, Demoralizing Shout, Shield Slam
Weapons: Sword, Axe, Dagger, Hammer
Armor Class: Mail
Misc: Shield

Cleric
cleric.jpg

- Basic healing and caster class
- Can evolve into Bishop and Monk
Skills: Heal, Divine Shield, Judgement, Crippling Curse, Burst of Light, Confidence, Ressurection, Symbol of Fury
Weapons: Staff
Armor Class: Cloth
Misc: Book

Magician
magician.jpg

- Basic caster damage class
- Can evolve into Necromancer and Sorceror
Skills: Fireball, Magic Missile, Dispel Magic, Fire Shield, Frost Cage, Lightning Strike, Warmth, Water Globes
Weapons: Dagger, Staff
Armor Class: Cloth
Misc: Gem

Ranger
rangerb.jpg

- Basic ranged class
- Can evolve into Hunter and Druid
Skills: Summon Servant of Nature, Flaming Array, Claw Strike, Eagles Eye, Barbed Arrow, Ensnare, Feline Reflexes, Remedy
Weapons: Bow
Armor Class: Leather
Misc: Quiver

Thief
thiefm.jpg

- Basic melee damage class
- Can evolve into Assassin and Bard
Skills: Stealth, Backstab, Blurred Motions, Embrittling Acid, Sweeping Strikes, Steal, Deadly Precision, Dazing Trap
Weapons: Sword, Dagger
Armor Class: Leather
Misc: Offhand Weapon

Screenshots:

Please report any bug you might encounter during your play. This helps us fixing problems faster, which results in faster new releases.

PS:
I know that I didn't add everyone to the Credits I used resources from. I lost track on all the things I imported into the map. If you made something I didn't give credit to, send me a PM please and the name of the resource.

Tichondrius

Reaction score
I'll probably be giving this a try. I can already spot several grammar and syntax mistakes. If I do get around to playing this I will be sure to point out any mistakes I find. Looks fun enough from what I can see.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Thanks for testing ... I know that my english isn't very great ... that's why we are looking for americans/english people that can help us here.

EDIT:
Updated the original post with a list of known bugs.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, you sweat from making a map? :p

Looks cool, I'll try it out when I can. :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I played it. You need to terrain a lot more but, the terrain so far is really well made. The cave looks really cool, the insides look really cool. I like the map. +rep.

NightFelix

Reaction score
I like the terrain, the terrain are very nice! it seems to be those creep vision are so far(example: a melee wolf was detection me passing by from like 600 range far away.) another thing, after people entering building, can you remove the wall bottom? because it was hard to see those thing and the exit region(maybe change to transparent)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I like the terrain, the terrain are very nice! it seems to be those creep vision are so far(example: a melee wolf was detection me passing by from like 600 range far away.).
Haven't found the variable in the gameplay constants yet that determines the attacking range. I guess this is hardcoded to 500.

another thing, after people entering building, can you remove the wall bottom? because it was hard to see those thing and the exit region(maybe change to transparent)
Hmm ... In case of not seing the signal, you can also just go to the door. The signal is always at the door and you can also see it from the other side ... ;)

runewel

Reaction score
Umm.. The rapidshare file is limited. 10 people only. relink please? i'd love to try this map.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
uh didnt know about that. I will upload an improved version in some minutes.

EDIT: Uploaded a new version now on Megaupload (this should have no dl limit). --> Link in first post

Fixed some minor things:
- Wrong tooltips on some items
- Bug that caused the Troll Magi not to drop the cleric book
- Some issues with the fireball spell
- Moved the mob group behind the second cave boss some meters away. Hopefully this will fix the problem with the adding group.
- Fixed the revive bug

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Haven't found the variable in the gameplay constants yet that determines the attacking range. I guess this is hardcoded to 500.

There is Creep Guard and Return Range but this is totally crap...

What you need to do is change the Units Acquisition Range(the range it can acquire a target) and change the Units Sight and Day Radius(it cant attack/help what it cant see)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
There is Creep Guard and Return Range but this is totally crap...
These two variables have nothing to do with the mentioned problem.

What you need to do is change the Units Acquisition Range(the range it can acquire a target) and change the Units Sight and Day Radius(it cant attack/help what it cant see)
Neutral Hostile units act different. This just works on Non-AI hostile players, not on Neutral Hostile. Neutral Hostile units will always attack at a range of 500 (or 200 if you set them to camp mode) or even more early, if the aquisition range is higher than 500.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Btw, did someone of the testers encounter a desync in the map? Since I got problems with init-desyncing recently. Though I checked it with an older version of the map and it happened again, which is odd, because that never happened before.

If everything worked fine when u were playing it, then it's a problem with my connection. Please report back any desync!

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
That would be pointless, he still have do set damage, armour, attack speed, hp of bosses quests and such etc. It will be really tough to do a nice looking difficulty setting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.