Reaction score
Project Name:
Gaias Retaliation

Players: 1-8
Map Size: 480x480

Type: Open RPG with Quests

First, to heat it on a view on the starting region:

Now to the features:
- Multi-Tier heroes; as far as planned 4 base classes evolving to one of two Tier 2 heroes each ... maybe a third Tier will be implemented later.
- Evolve to a new tier at level 15
- Save & Loading System of course
- Scrolling combat text
- Aggro System
- Rage System
- Instances with very hard bossfights
- Of course, triggered AI, so that it's not just some hack'n'slash
- Quests, stored to the players' save code
- High difficulty level ... without tank and healer or at least 4 players, don't even bother to play it :D

Squire class: 100%
Cleric class: 100%
Magician class: 100%
Scout class: 0%
Thief class: 0%

Threat system: 100%
Hero respawn and cleric revive ability: 100%
Combat Text: 100%
Creep respawn system: 100%
Item system: 100%

Terrain of Alpha-build island: 100%
Quests of Alpha-build island: 100%
Creeps and bosses of Alpha-build island: 100%
Creep and boss spells: 100%
First instanced dungeon: 100%

Expected release date of Alpha version: april

Currently working on:
Final polishing

Recently finished:
Items, Quests

Planned heroes
Base classes: 2nd Class heroes:
Squire (Warrior type hero) ----> Crusader (Main tank), Berserker (melee damage)
Cleric (Healer/Caster type hero) ----> Archbishop (Main Healer), Monk (melee/heal hybrid)
Magician (Caster type hero) ----> Sorceror (Utility & damage), Conjurer (Damage spells)
Scout (Ranged type hero) ----> Hunter (Pet class), Druid (ranged/heal/damage hybrid caster)
Thief (Utility and melee damage hero) ----> Assassin (melee damage), Bard (Utility and buffs)

And now; I'm looking for assistance! :)
- Someone, that has a good understanding of the english language (I know the basics, however, it doesn't look good when it is obvious, that it isn't the makers native language ...) and can help me writing quest texts/skill discriptions, etc. ...
... Of course, you will get credits.

Suggestions are always welcome, of course :D

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This looks great , but I have 1 question not related to your map - How do you make those cliffs at the sea? I always wanted to do something like that :)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
You need A world editor that allows vertical terrain deforming (and a lot of path blockers) ... please look up the tutorial section for that and stick to the topic.

One screen of the terraining process ...

And another one ...

Mynameis

Reaction score
Hey, I can do all the quest ideas and also texts for this RPG, but I'm not good with triggering the quests, also not good with spells, but I can make all the heroes and units. Just send me a pm or email me at [email protected]

Edit: If you cant find a person to really trigger, I can learn how to trigger the quests. =D

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This looks neat! :)

I'd offer to help you write this map out, but I'm sure Mynameis is fully capable of writing proper English. If you want someone to merely proof-read, I can help with that. Good luck! :thup:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hey, I can do all the quest ideas and also texts for this RPG, but I'm not good with triggering the quests, also not good with spells, but I can make all the heroes and units. Just send me a pm or email me at [email protected]

Edit: If you cant find a person to really trigger, I can learn how to trigger the quests. =D
First I want to thank you and Ninva for offering help.

Triggering isn't that much of a problem for me until now (though some things concerning jass confuse me, but I'm improving XD), so no problem with that.

I could really need someone making the Quests and Units. You can assist me with ideas for heroes, of course, but well ... making heroes without Spells isn't that much satisfying XD

I'm still looking for someone that has knowledge of triggering the save/load system and spells.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
This looks very nice, which is a nice change from the terrain I normally see here.

You're creative with the terrain, and understand quanity =! quality.
In the clan I visit often, there are many mappers - A guy by StealthOfKing is a very good scripter and you can get help from him with that save/load (He won't do it for you, and no one else will. We do love helping though)

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
What rock tile is that for the cliffs? ive been using the ashenvale one, but that looks too cartoony compared to this.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I tried a natural looking cave entry ... however; I'm not that satisfied with it.

@ poster above: It's the lordearon summer rock

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Was thinking the same, but it looked unnatural without the rocks above the archways ... lets see what I can remove.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Put your screenies on your first post so we don't have to scroll down all the time. The cave looks too small. I thik it has too much rocks also.

sidove

Reaction score
Make a little less rocks and puts some at the side of the passage:)
Overall nice map man:thup:

Tythoid

Reaction score
Hi I make loading codes if you need someone to make you a code still just pm me :thup:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Look up Acehart's save/load code.

Using pre-made save-load codes may be a solution, but I don't want the player to type in 50 millions of letters just for the purpose of loading a character. If you want a short loading code, you have to stick with a selfmade one where no "useless" variables are stored.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.