Tool Galaxy parser

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well, I'm partly to blame since I forgot to include the example implementation :p

Anyway, perhaps more noob friendly: http://phyrex1an.net/galaxy.php

JASS:
int PlayerGetTeam(int whichPlayer) {
    return (whichPlayer + 1) % 2;
}

Compiles, does this mean the % operator is valid in Galaxy? :)

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Compiles, does this mean the % operator is valid in Galaxy? :)
Yes, so is +=, -=, etc. Lots of things are valid, now...
I want to go back to vJass already, nearly... these guys are unfortunately right. At the same time, they haven't seen the struct pointer stuff yet, I believe..

Edit:
Don't expect methods, [LJASS]this[/LJASS] is not a reserved word. However, [LJASS]new[/LJASS] is. But I haven't worked out how to use it, yet...

Edit:
PS. This works fine:
JASS:
struct node {
	node* next;
	node* prev;
	int val;
};

:)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
J4L, YOU ARE GOD! This is so awesome.
Make more experiments and I might make a syntax highlighter for Galaxy for you, lol

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad that Blizzard included all these new features in Galaxy :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it'll be particularly difficult to learn. :thup:

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I want to go back to vJass already, nearly... these guys are unfortunately right. At the same time, they haven't seen the struct pointer stuff yet, I believe..

Edit:
Don't expect methods, [LJASS]this[/LJASS] is not a reserved word. However, [LJASS]new[/LJASS] is. But I haven't worked out how to use it, yet...

The overwhelming pessimism + dark layout of the site put me in a depressed mood.

As for methods, couldn't the "this" be implicit? I hope that structs aren't just for data, I like the encapsulation. Maybe there will be classes if not?

Jealous that you're getting to mess around with the stuff already...I guess I'll have to attain myself the beta as well.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
As for methods, couldn't the "this" be implicit? I hope that structs aren't just for data, I like the encapsulation. Maybe there will be classes if not?

No.

JASS:
struct Unit

boolean r

method attack takes Unit which returns nothing
        if r then
            set r = not r
            call which.attack(this) //this Undefined in Galaxy
        endif
    endmethod
endstruct

From the example code we've seen so far, structs being used only for data is what it looks like it's going to be. I'm not terribly disappointed, because at the very least you get structs, but I agree that encapsulation is nice.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score

Edit:

Edit:
PS. This works fine:
JASS:
struct node {
	node* next;
	node* prev;
	int val;
};

:)

Wait, isn't that a linked list?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
That's weird. Kind of like a warning. How are you figuring all this out, trial and error? One person is doing a lot more than wc3c.net. Haha.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
How are you figuring all this out, trial and error?
Yep.

Hmm.
JASS:
int x2(int i){
    return i*2;
}
bool epicTest (bool testConds, bool runActions) {
    Wait(0.5,0);
    WriteLine(IntToString(((*(&x2))(1))));
    return true;
}

This doesn't output anything to the screen. I conclude that function pointers are currently unable to return values properly, then. Must be to do with that error I get. I suppose these are not completely implemented.

At least we know the syntax for using them, brings lots of hope for the future, in my opinion. :)
(ie. we can write a framework to use function pointers instead of strings for triggers, and stuff like that, if Blizz doesn't change it..)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm surprised you're figuring out so much mroe than wc3c, all they're do is doing tiny experiments, but you already wrote a system. :p

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Yeah.
Also, in my research for the language file for Notepad++, I found this:
JASS:
//==================================================================================================
//  AI Native Function Prototypes
//==================================================================================================

Galaxy has prototypes?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Code:
# function StructTest() {
#     myStruct myStructTest;
#     myStructTest.a = 256;
#     myStructTest.b = 874;
#

#     UIDisplayMessage(PlayerGroupAll(), 4, StringToText(IntToString(myStructTest.b)));
# }

That isn't valid Galaxy...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.