Game crashes during loading of map!

U

Unregistered

hi

i have read all the stickies and i have seen that a number of people have this problem. i can run the game fine until...i try to load a quick match or a campaign or a mp. the loader comes on and then the game quits and crashes to my desktop after about 8-20% of loading.

i have tried
1. changing that "refresh rates thingy to 1
2. lowering video settings
3. turning of norton and zonealarm
4. i have all the latest drivers

system specs
2.26p4
ti 4200
80 gb hd
sound blaster live (ive heard this may be causing problems but i have the latest drivers.)
256 rdram
win xp home

if anyone can help thanks
because WTF ITS NOT WORKING!

U

Unregistered

I have the same problem, except mine only gets about 5% of the way

U

Unregistered

i see that lots of people seem to have this problem, myself included, but no one ever bothers to help

U

Unregistered

Have this same problem.Never even had the game running yet. Tried all fixes, tried loading the latest patch, it won't load. Don't think I will ever buy a EA Games game again! You would think that they would at least try to post a fix on their website.

U

Unregistered

You know (I'm another person on this list another unregistered but I'm totaly and completely seperate from the others ;) ) it's funny how my bf1942 actually ran, but it would crash every 40 mins or so, I started going over things that might improve my game's performance and now it gets stuck here in the loading screen! Joy!

To be more specific, what happens to me personally is the game just instantly closes, leaving the resolution @ the game resolution and not resetting to my desktop one. Happens to me around the same %'s you guys get to.

K

KCKnuckles

Same thing happens with my system as well. I can usually play a game, but occasionally a map will freeze during loading at around 8% like you guys said. It's frustrating beyond belief. I can't see any pattern either. However, it is more likely to occur during a single player instant battle. I've seen it happen when loading multiplayer games as well. There must be a fix to this. I've tried everything I've seen in forums, EA Tech Support, and my own ideas. I'd appreciate any help!:(

U

Unregistered

ive had the exact same problem asd many of the unregistered here, ive also yet to play the game properly since having it for 3 months, ive managed to play it twice but then when i did the graphics were just going haywire and i couldnt tell landscape from buildings >:/

U

Unregistered

I have a dodgy stick of ram, whenever it's in my machine it crashes during map-load.

U

Unregistered

i have the same problem. but i can only load small maps like berlin etc. but when i tried to load big maps, i get dumped back to the desktop! WTF! is this a ram issue or what?

U

Unregistered

get the latest patches from ea.. that helps a lot when loading a map! after that, defrag, defrag, defrag! thats it!

U

Unregistered

Same thing

Well just like the rest off you, the same thing happens to me!

Will SOMEONE POST A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM!

U

Unregistered

I too am having the exact same problem (crashing to desktop after about 5% map download).

I just installed Win2000. The game worked fine when XP was installed. I suspect it is my video drivers, but since my card is relatively old, i can't find any more recent drivers.

I have an AOpen PA256 MX (GeForce2 32-mb)

EA must be able to figure this out. Dont give up all. This game is wicked !!!!

U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I may have figured out everyone's problems (hopefully).
Here's what i did.

1) installed the new NVIDIA driver (not from your video card manufacturer)
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

I also did this (but i suspect had no effect)
1) installed VIA 4-in-1 driver (chipset update for motherboard)
2) installed DirectX 9.0a

Not only did the game run....but i was also able to crank up the video details for above what they were before.

I'm running in Win2000.
AMD 1Gig
AOPEN PA256 Geforce2 MX

U

Unregistered

NOTE: I'm only using the BF1942 Demo. And i also had to installed the latest patch.

U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I may have figured out everyone's problems (hopefully).
Here's what i did.

1) installed the new NVIDIA driver (not from your video card manufacturer)
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

I also did this (but i suspect had no effect)
1) installed VIA 4-in-1 driver (chipset update for motherboard)
2) installed DirectX 9.0a

Not only did the game run....but i was also able to crank up the video details for above what they were before.

THIS REALY WORKS !!!
also cheak out :http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1178702

U

Unregistered

I originally posted on here earlier about a map loading problem and I think the problem was just my graphics card. Apparently EA recommends a 64 MB and I always thought 32 MB would be just fine. Well, I just got a new laptop and I was cringing when I put Battlefield on because I had heard a lot about laptops not running it well. However, it has a 64 MB card and the game runs like butter. Seems like the simplest solution is to upgrade your card if its only 32, but I know this same problem happens with superb systems so who knows. Maybe kick up the RAM to 768 or something? This game is so frustrating to get up and running, but certainly worth it. EA needs to get on the stick and patch the hell out of this game.

U

Unregistered

I had smae problem u just need to get the latest drivers ...

I have a geforce 2 mx :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.