Game Crew

G

guitarplay

there are no secrets here. Just tell me what you go.

So lets make some generic charechtors.

1-strong yet slow power charichtor (inflicts damage no matter what, but is slow)
2-magical powers charichtor (can do all types of magic, yet dies easily and bad with combat weapons)
3-fast agile charichtor (can attack without being hit, yet requires many attacks to kill anything)
4-close combat charichtor (swordsman)
5-ranged charichtor (archer)

so far jindo has been the only one to vot for anything so lets hear some more opinions.

K

Kadgar

2 questions:

1. is 2d art animation? or like in maple story?

2. can u sign me up for 2d art and plot?

also, wat kinda coding u need? if u want i can make u a website but it wont be anything special unless somone could help me with pictures and animatons.

G

guitarplay

it can be. If there was a loding screen, you could have a simple animation playing. Mostly though its just 2D art. If you want to have an animated loading screen thats great. But i think it would defeat the purpose if you know what i mean.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Ok, before I start doing stuff. I need the theme and general idea first. So whoever's working storyline, please post it.

G

guitarplay

i havent heard from anyone who can do any coding. but i think a storyline would help.

Lets get a storyling together but i think the art should probably wait till we get a programmer. I dont wanna do to much and find out no ones gonna help us.

I think actualy having that storyline may get a little more attention.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'll do a storyline on the spot :p:

(This is assuming there's no time (fantasy/modern/etc):

The Curse​

Long ago, there were witnesses of a fog, a dark fog.
People thought it was just low clouds, but everyone soon grew to fear it, as two villages already fell victim to the fog, they were all completely paralyzed.

Rulers soon began talking about the situation, a Psychic told them all about the diamond and how it'd been removed from its home. "The fog hunts the planet until it finds the diamond, whoever possesses it is in grave peril, you must send those worthy out to find this person, before we all fall to the fog.." she said.

It was soon agreed, the four remaining cities sent the greatest mage/archer/knight/summoner (each city has one of those), deep into the depths of the planet, one by one they will meet, they will either be consumed by the fog, or succeed in retreiving the diamond.​

This evil person could be like a really powerful summoner of some kind, and where-ever you find a boss, it's one of his minions, and you must fight it ot the death to retreive a piece of the diamond, and have like 4/5-10 pieces to find.

Hope you like, if it's supposed to be more modern or something, let me know.

~Jindo

G

guitarplay

tis a good start.

Now we need the names of those cities, and charechtors. Then we have to create a "personality for those charechtors" also, if the entire quests is finding dimonds, it may become boring. I say the main quest be go find the dimond, then you must compleet other tasks in the process. Imagine the dimond to be the ring in my example.

Then weel need specifics on those quests, and creatures. Lets think up some creeps to kill.

that may be enough for now. I got more ideas but not the time.

K

Kadgar

ok, so am i up to bat with plot? also, if u play wc3, when u insert the disk a screen comes up... i could do somthing like that, but u would need somone to code the buttons and things.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
guitarplay said:
tis a good start.

Now we need the names of those cities, and charechtors. Then we have to create a "personality for those charechtors" also, if the entire quests is finding dimonds, it may become boring. I say the main quest be go find the dimond, then you must compleet other tasks in the process. Imagine the dimond to be the ring in my example.

I've got cities and characters ideas:

Cities:

Flareska - Home to the Knight, a very worthy fighter, it is predicted that his town will be swallowed up by the fog first.
Flareska is a very small city, almost a village, includes a Well, Healing Center, Shop, 31 (can be changed) houses and a Main Hall.

Uthana - Nothing here, everyone's paralyzed, Bandits came and stormed the City weeks later, it is now just rubble and wood.

Yunicka - Home to the Mage, a beginner to spells but prooving better, The Psycic says that even if they fail, her town will not be found by the fog, no one knows why.
Yunicka is a very scenic city, set around the top of a mountain, includes 6 Wells, 3 Healing Centers, 5 Different Shops, and approximately 200 houses, 2 Main Halls for each side of the city.

Eline - Home to the Archer, incredibly skilled with any bow and arrow, her town suffered a near miss from the fog.
Eline is a quiet yet medium city, includes 3 Wells, a Healing Center, 2 Shops, 85 houses and a Main Hall.
The town also has a force field which disguises the town to looks like a forest.

Iveril - The biggest place in the game, a huge maze, you will often find yourself going in circles, Home to the Summoner, the most skilled of his class on the planet.
The city has already been caught by the fog, however the summoner managed to avoider it, he and a sidekick remain at a dead end in the city, waiting for the others.

You should also have caves, forests, lakes, dungeons etc to add more variety.

And also, I think that there should be a secret passage near each city (that includes one of the 4 characters), which leads to a main boss (has to be defeated).

The diamond retrieval is just the Overall Quest, if you have something that tells you your quests, it won't come up, its just the game objective.
There'll be quests like "Beat this boss" "Capture the demon" "Find the Summoner", of course there'll be more people with more original and varying ideas :).

~Jindo

Reaction score
I have a few questions...

Is it goitn to be an RPG?
Is it going to be 1st person or third person? Or maybe something like from top?

Guitarplay, i suggest to make something like a small plan, as currently we dont have anything - This reminds me of the infamous "Collaborate map project" made by NEDM.

Well, I guess untill we get a coder, we wont get anywhere.

Just in case, Genesis3D/Reality Factory is quite nice thing for creating an RPG.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Amfidamant said:
Well, I guess untill we get a coder, we wont get anywhere.

Agreed.

It's gonna be an RPG by the looks of it, alot of us have voted for Fantasy.

We are getting a pretty good plan together imo, we just need to get it brought to life, the closest we be getting to that is models and graphics >_<.

Speaking of which, I've just figured, I could do some grass/water/cliff/gravel textures :).

~Jindo

G

guitarplay

aight well ive decided it will probably be in diretctX wich goes with C++

I can code and am learning c++.

Im confident that id be able to do anything in C++ that i precioulsy did in java if not more. My greatest feat was creating a game that could win mastermind with every possible number variation (0-9) with an average guess of 13, which in fact was best in my class and involded a few hundred lines of code of a branching tree algorithm.

Now the plots starting to come together and please if you want to do plot you may not see your name on board quite yet, but dont be afraid to through any ideas or even comments of what we allready have. (please dont start any arguments over any of the ideas though. If anything needs to be decided I will decide whats the best). I will be working on a masterplot but dont expect much so soon cause im reading a 450 page book on C++, attemting to find a coder on 3 different sights, as well as doing some models and school starts on wednesday for me.

now blender does have a nice thing built in. Its a .X exporter which is the file extension for directX models yay. This means blender is compatible.

ALSO it is gonna be a sort of 3rd person RPG game with a top veiw probably.

R

RobustChum

3D modeler

I can do 3D art in 3D studio max(8), i can do animation, and if you ever need backup on 2d art im there as well

AIM : hiimjoe1111

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Sounds cool.
I know a bit of C++, but not enough to help...yet. lol

But either way, I wont' sign up, because I don't have time.
Keep us updated on how it's going though.
:)

G

guitarplay

1) lets not get to hasty. Art should wait till we know the name of the game at least. I dont even know if we could use flash in it (i dont see why not though)

2)this is a new modeler that will be helping, due to my lack of skill with animations and modeling humans.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
guitarplay said:
1) lets not get to hasty. Art should wait till we know the name of the game at least. I dont even know if we could use flash in it (i dont see why not though)

2)this is a new modeler that will be helping, due to my lack of skill with animations and modeling humans.

Hows about:

The Curse
The Forbidden Fumes

(Those are all I got atm).

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.