You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Let's say I have this event
Trigger:
  • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 12.00

Is that a periodic event?

Smitty

Reaction score
No. A periodic event occurs every ___ amount of time... *avoids the obvious crass joke* ^.^

inevit4ble

Reaction score
but this does occur every x amount of time.

It just written in a different way.

Every day at 12game time x actions occur. so instead of the time interval being "every 5 sec" its something like "every 420 sec" depending on the game constant.

This is as I understand it

Smitty

Reaction score
Oh, time of day Oo

Then yes, it is. Sorry, I didn't read it properly... *feels embarassed*

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
it can be used as a periodic event that can be paused without turning off the whole trigger though... it is possible to pause the time of day or change how fast it goes, however pausing the time of day will pause all events based off of this, its something nice for arena events and things like that

Smitty

Reaction score
So if I use a trigger with real time seconds and someone pauses the game, will that keep on running then, based on what you've said?

GFreak45

Reaction score
no, the time of day in the game can be paused without pausing the game or turning off the trigger

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Is this an actual event? This could have some cool uses, if so...

But yeah, you can change the day's cycle speed or you can flat out just stop the time. Or even set the time of day to trigger the trigger :O. Such fun.

Man this idea cool. Sorry, just had to post that :D.

GFreak45

Reaction score
ya its a very cool/usefull tool... its like having a timer that follows your personal rules...

the only problem is any event based off the time will be affected by this, but that could be considered a plus if you mean to pause a specific set of triggers etc

Dirac

Reaction score
its like having a timer that follows your personal rules...
All timers do, if you know how to handle them.

Libraries such as TimerUtils make timer handling so much easier

GFreak45

Reaction score
the only thing you cant change on timers is the speed, as far as i know, but game time can be triggered to move at varrying speeds, actually i just thought of a cool effect....

to drastically speed up the time of day in the game for a short period of time to represent days passing... :D !

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
the only thing you cant change on timers is the speed, as far as i know, but game time can be triggered to move at varrying speeds, actually i just thought of a cool effect....

to drastically speed up the time of day in the game for a short period of time to represent days passing... :D !

the world is your oyster.

GFreak45

Reaction score
is the time of day MPI? (multi player instanceable, or capable of being unique to each player)

GFreak45

Reaction score
ill do some research and maybe test it if it hasnt been tested already, i want a cool game but a special effect like that being MPI isnt worth the desync risk

who knows, maybe i will create a time control system :D

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
I dont think it would be... (obviously it could be set...but yes--desync seems very likely).

Units may fall asleep at night for one player but not for the other (cuz its daytime). Something may be visible to one player but not the other... (nighttime fog)

GFreak45

Reaction score
even if all units have an equal night-day sight range and neutrals didnt fall asleep?

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
even if all units have an equal night-day sight range and neutrals didnt fall asleep?

dont know if the game sees it that way... but technically, if this were the case, both games would act the same...leaving no reason for a desync...heck why not try it with a buddy and find out? xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.