Gaming Gamer Drops $16,000 on Virtual Sword for Unreleased Game

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Whilst the season of giving might be over for yet another year, it seems one computer gamer has marked the end of the festivities by treating himself to one final Christmas gift.

The avid gamer spent a staggering $16,000 on a virtual sword - the only one of its kind, which he will use when he eventually begins playing a martial arts game that has not yet gone on sale in the Far East.

The man who won the auction will now be able to slay characters using his sabre when the highly-anticipated martial-arts game Age of Wulin is released in Mainland China.

Virtual item for $16,000 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever. Let him do it if he likes, its his money.
I could just as well ask who is spending $1,000,000 on a luxus car? I can buy a car for 8000€ and be happy with it.
Its their own choice to pay more then others, or pay even when others dont pay at all.

FireCat

Reaction score
luxus car are better then a "virtual sword" :rolleyes:

Btw: Wouldn't it suck, "if the fake not a real sword" he brought was awarded in an easy beginners quest?. Hehe

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
luxus car are better then a "virtual sword" :rolleyes:
Btw: Wouldn't it suck, "if the fake not a real sword" he brought was awarded in an easy beginners quest?. Hehe
the luxus car is just as much better then a regular car as is the luxus sword better then a regular sword.
Maybe he doesnt like luxus cars, or maybe he already has one. If he rather wants to spend his money on a game let him do so.

Wouldnt it suck if i just found a luxus car somewhere in the woods which doesnt belong to anybody else? No it wouldnt. that would be awesome.
People who already have a luxus car wouldnt lose theirs just because i get one.

FireCat

Reaction score
If he rather wants to spend his money on a game let him do so.
If he wants to spend $ trillion In a virtual world, Sure he can do that.

But seriously, he doesn't even own the sword , the game Isn't even released yet! And In fact, it doesn't even exist in real world.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants to spend $ trillion In a virtual world, Sure he can do that.

But seriously, he doesn't even own the sword , the game Isn't even released yet! And In fact, it doesn't even exist in real world.
Pity him, laugh at him, do whatever you want.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score

considering that it's a "one of a kind", I wouldn't be worried about that.. besides that, if I was a game developer, I would make sure that sword is awesome - it's not good business to screw over people who pay that much money

FireCat

Reaction score
considering that it's a "one of a kind", I wouldn't be worried about that.. besides that, if I was a game developer, I would make sure that sword is awesome - it's not good business to screw over people who pay that much money
"It's a virtual thing" And Just imagine, if his sword been Stolen/Hacked
You maybe get a new one, but would that be the same thing? LOL And with game developer "who not what they can do" Well btw the entire game is a property of the publisher. No?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If somebody stole a sword which is unique in the entire game i guess it wouldnt take too long until the hacker/thief is caught.

You need to be pretty stupid to steal something which exists only once.

FireCat

Reaction score
If somebody stole a sword which is unique in the entire game i guess it wouldnt take too long until the hacker/thief is caught.

You need to be pretty stupid to steal something which exists only once.
Sure but the hacker/thief might not even use it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure but the hacker/thief might not even use it.
Doesnt matter. He cannot hide it or something. The game developers have access to all accounts and it doesnt take long until they find the one player character in the database who got the item in his inventory.
And they can easily give that guy a new sword. Its just a couple of clicks.

FireCat

Reaction score
But It's still absolutely nuts ... Spend $16,000 on Virtual Sword, You can't even use in real!
Just wait until "This game would be dead sooner or later"

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
But It's still absolutely nuts ... Spend $16,000 on Virtual Sword, You can't even use in real!
Just wait until "This game would be dead sooner or later"
There are a thousand things on earth just as useless as that.
I think you are nothing but a highly advanced troll robot or something without any connection to the actual life outside of the internet.

FireCat

Reaction score
There are a thousand things on earth just as useless as that.
eh? What are you telling yourself? A virtual sword is better then real thing. It doesn't fucking matter what kind of real stuff it is. It's 100% better than the virtual sword. And btw. not everyone does buy useless stuff. But it seems you do. Just sayin'

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
eh? What are you telling yourself? A virtual sword is better then real thing. It doesn't fucking matter what kind of real stuff it is. It's 100% better than the virtual sword. And btw. not everyone does buy useless stuff. But it seems you do. Just sayin'
No actually useful virtual things are much better then useless real things.
Because useless real things end up as useless real garbage, thrown away, polluting our world.
Also, useless real things need to be manufactured. Wasting energy, resources, and are probably produced in some poor country under very bad working conditions.
Useless virtual swords are just a number of bits in some computer. No pollution, no garbage, no resources being used up for it, no real amount of energy wasted on it, no bad working conditions for poor slave workers.
I never said its better then anything. I said its just as useless, but still, he wants it, he has the money, he wants to buy it, he was given the chance to buy it, it was his decision, everyone should be fine.

FireCat

Reaction score
No actually useful virtual things are much better then useless real things.

but still, he wants it, he has the money, he wants to buy it, he was given the chance to buy it, it was his decision, everyone should be fine.
Then why don't you buy virtual stuff then? Hmm Maybe a virtual car, virtual food, virtual clothes etc...And then let's See if it's better. And sure it's his money but still It's Just Nuts.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why don't you buy virtual stuff then? Hmm Maybe a virtual car, virtual food, virtual clothes etc...And then let's See if it's better. And sure it's his money but still It's Just Nuts.
You sure are just a trolling AI, this has become too obvious by now.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.