Gaming Microsoft sued over Xbox Live outage

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Microsoft now faces a lawsuit over recent problems with its Xbox Live online gaming service. Three Texas residents filed a lawsuit Friday on behalf of themselves and others who have had trouble connecting to Xbox Live in recent weeks.

The suit, filed in US District Court in Houston, claims Microsoft's outages represent a breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation for which the software maker is liable. The suit doesn't claim specific damages, but notes the amount is in excess of $5 million.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Haha. They buy their product, xbox live works fine for 10 years, when it malfunctions for one week they sue Microsoft. GG.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Does this mean we can sue games like Adventure Quest and Astro Empires for having servers that cannot handle the stress of thousands of players?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You can pretty much sue anyone for anything. Whether you win or not is a different story.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
also I do not understand why this is under crime. It is not really a crime.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That means if thye win, I get some money. I want to play COD4.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Breach of contract...

Matemeo

Reaction score
Do they say they offer 100% reliable service in their contract? Weird though, I've had zero problems with my Xbox Live... o_O

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
No Merc, Xbox LIVE has been really slow lately, Microsoft admitted it. It's because, over the Holiday time, people bought a bunch of Xbox 360's for Halo3 and Rock Band, and COD4. They couldn't handle the load.

These clowns won't win, I'm sure it says something in the ToS about not being responsible about uptime.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
You're one of the lucky few that get instant contact with their servers, I guess. Not everyone is as lucky.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I laughed SO hard when I read this, seriously you have no idea!
When I got my XBL subscription for X-mas I was pissed that I couldn't use it, for like 3 weeks, I jokingly wanted to sue them for it, and now their getting sued! Hahahahaha!!!

This is stupid though! Microsofts servers have to put up with ALOT more stress than your average server, they have thousands of games that are played on XBL with thousands of players on each, and when new subscriptions are added all at once, that's bound to cause some problems. It's understandable, nothing to be sueing them over! As for downloading a free game, thanks I'm up for that! Not quite sure if they really need to do that though.

You know they only had 3 weeks of subscription left and didn't want to buy a new one.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
IceWarrior98, the games aren't hosted on XBL servers. Each game has their own servers.

The XBL service would be the messages/downloads/ect.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
5 million? for what, does it not cost like 5 dollars a month?

so they could not connect for a week or two, so say 5 bucks a person sueing(it said there were a few), + fees....500 dollars? I don't get where they get these numbers, 5 million, ROFL, you can only sue for what you have lost, all they have lost is money, since they could not use the product they payed for, online play, I'd like to see them try and prove anything else

Reaction score
The only thing I find real slow is the Marketplace, none of the pics load up and everything takes a real long time to load up in the marketplace. Also now im finding it taking it twice as long for me to connect to some games on halo3 then yesterday, lol how gay.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
IceWarrior98, the games aren't hosted on XBL servers. Each game has their own servers.

The XBL service would be the messages/downloads/ect.

Oh...well still! The games servers were under lots of stress, doesn't change anything.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Still having zero problems, as good as the first day I played, not sure why anyone is complaining.

GH3, Halo 3, Rock Band, etc. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.