Sci/Tech Gasp! White iPhone 4 is thicker than black one!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
t1larg_white_iphone_thickness.jpg

(CNN) -- In the tech world, a fraction of a millimeter is enough space to to start an iPhone conversation.

A day after the long-awaited white iPhone 4 hit stores, Web chatter was focused on the fact that it appears to be a shade thicker than the 10-month-old black model. (Wired.com measures the difference at a whopping 0.2 millimeters).

So, what's the big deal? For most people, the answer is: "Nothing." But for some current (or, now, former) black iPhone owners, some models of tight-fitting, precision cases won't fit on their new phone. Relatively big cases should be fine.

To many observers, this is just further evidence that no detail about Apple gadgets is too trivial to go unreported.

(Add that to the ever-so-slightly different placement of the mute switch on the Verizon iPhone and you're creating the need for a veritable cornucopia of different iPhone cases. Sort of.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I'm not sure at all how this is even mildly considered important, especially compared to the rest of the stuff that's going on in the world right now.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure at all how this is even mildly considered important, especially compared to the rest of the stuff that's going on in the world right now.

how dare you!?! this is one of the most important articles i have read these days. this will CHANGE my LIFE!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

And what are you doing about the important things? Merely reading about them and sitting idly does nothing.

But I do agree, this is pretty unimportant. It is strange that Apple didn't change the specs to meet the change in size though.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Haha. I dont have anything important to say. This is just so gold for no reason at all... hahaha...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[SARCASM]what?! cant you see how INCREDIBLY important this news is?! who cares about the rest of the world, life is not worthwhile without an iphone.[/SARCASM]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Usually Apple releases new, otherwise identical products that are 0.2mm thinner, not thicker. :rolleyes:

...If anything, the black should be bigger.

Winterherz

Reaction score
Apparently the thickness has something to do with the extra paint coating for sunlight protection

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Usually Apple releases new, otherwise identical products that are 0.2mm thinner, not thicker. :rolleyes:

...If anything, the black should be bigger.

Most likely.

In any case I am surprised no one has addressed the fact that this is obvious Racism by the Apple Corporation. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.