US News Gay Teen Voted Prom Queen

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I disagree with some of you. I don't think anyone in the school is angered about maintaining equal opportunities for both sexes. The fact that there was not a prom queen is not that big of a deal. To reverse the vote would be.. undemocratic?

It was probably just a statement about "gender roles and popularity". In the long run, I think that this is a good sign. The gay rights movement is gaining popularity.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
The point of the king and queen system is that 1 girl and 1 boy are supposed to be chosen. This is to provide an equal opportunity for both genders. It doesn't matter that the king may be gay and the queen a lesbian, the important thing is that the gender balance is maintained. It's supposed to be an equal opportunity thing.

Who says? I would think that would be up to the prom council to decide. Not to mention that it's not like they didn't consider the girls at all. Apparently, they all were so bad, or this gay guy was so good that he got to win. Just because you move a person of the opposite gender into the other category doesn't mean the girls didn't have an equal chance to win. It just means A girl didn't. But collectively they did.

If you put all boys on one team, and all girls on another, and you move just one boy to the other side, and they compete and that one boy beats the girls, did the girls not get the same chance of winning?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
> A queen is a gay monarch, which means a queen is a happy monarch.
No.

Oh come on, it's just a pun. I never knew you take it so seriously.:(

And gay is not the homosexual gay. Read this, definiton #1.

> Drag Queen?
-_-"

I can't argue with that.

> The person is still a person, and his/her gender never gets switched, so there's nothing wrong with being called "queen", even though he is a male.
Have it your way then, Mrs. Tom-Mai.

So, if you called me Mrs. Tom_mai, do you believe I'm a female?

So I guess you're that little alien who came along, and disagrees with the Human Race. :rolleyes:

I can agree that the human race is very serious indeed. I can and wished that the human race can disagree with gender preferences, and agree that anyone can be a male or female, inside and outside.

If you were to be raised up as a boy, but you're a girl, then it's only the matter of being accepted by others around you.

I accepted the fact that he wanted to be called a queen, but it would remove the rights for females to obtain this title. In this case, we will play a game called fair play. Whoever wins will receive the title, gender doesn't count. Ain't it fair enough?

This is what you see in real life. Life stinks anyway.

It's not much of a big deal. Be called queen or king and we'll be friends.

You may call me Mrs. however you like. I only see it as a name, not meaning a specific gender.

"tom_mai78101" is genderless. And so is the word "Romek". Even "The Helper" doesn't mean annything other than a variable that stands for someone specific (an admin, the VIP, etc.).

-----------------------------

In WE, you call a variable X. Is it a male or female? Ask this yourself.

Please reply back. Thanks.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Okay dokey, let's get things straight (or gay, take it however you want): lgbt community, afro-american people rights, women-rights... they raised and will still raise a lot of controverses.
The LGBT (Lesbians, Gay, Bisexuals, Transexuals) community is the so-called "contemporary" community of scandals and controverses. And as a gay guy, I gotta say that more fuzz and scandal is made on this subject than it is actually necessary. People complain too much instead of actually trying to change masses mentality! People victimize too much and ask for too many rights instead of finding the usefulness and their own vision about those rights. And gay people nowadays are far too extravagant and take this to ridiculous extremes, trying to "make a point" but instead putting a black mark on us all.
Here we're talking about the last category, as we refer to this "prom-queer-queen". In my opinion that boy has some serious personality issues, lack of self-esteem and egocentrism. This doesn't mean that all gay people are like this. Don't generalize! Every herd has its black sheep. Don't tell me that there aren't extravagant people making ridiculous things and taking ridiculous decisions amongst the heterosexuals just to make a circus out of it! :) Gay people? Prone to it lately... why? Just to get out of the usual and prove that they are special (though in my opinion we differ in nothing but sexual orientation which involves ATTRACTION for one gender or another, and NOTHING ELSE)! Not to mention that for the mass-media a "gay scandal" is more interesting than a "heterosexual scandal", now, isn't it?! :)

-Daelin

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
He has some serious personality issues, lack of self-esteem and egocentrism? How can you tell from the news article?

------------

I'm going to stay put on neutral. This is really hard to explain.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> So, if you called me Mrs. Tom_mai, do you believe I'm a female?
It would imply that you're a female, yes.

And as for the rest of your post, I won't bother replying. You're clueless about the English language, but you're ready to defend what you think anyway. So, I'm out.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
He has some serious personality issues, lack of self-esteem and egocentrism? How can you tell from the news article?

------------

I'm going to stay put on neutral. This is really hard to explain.

I can tell by the experience I already have with gay people... I see a lot of frustrated people around me who have such outbursts which tend to distort the image of the LGBT community. Of course there will always be people who criticize and comment and not agree with other sexual orientations (but heterosexuality) but why give them supplementary reasons to attack us?

Stereotypes have a fundament... I see so many people "acting gay" just to forcefully out themselves and let everyone know that they are gay. Normally they wouldn't do that... they act on a stereotype to have people label them. Don't you find this stupid?

And as for the present article, drag queen is not the same thing with transexuals. I have some drag queen acquintances who are not transexuals and explained to me that they simply do this to play a role and be in the center of attention and that sexual orientation has nothing to do with this (e.g.: a straight guy can play the role of a woman - dress as a woman - take "Miss Doubtfire" which was infact really funny). However, the center of attention problem is a certain proof of egocentrism in my opinion.

Anyway this is a very delicate subject. What I was telling you about here is true and valid for the LGBT community from my city/country, I'm not talking about a community somewhere else with which I have had no contact up to this point. Peace everyone! :thup:

-Daelin

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Wow, I never thought such a "discussion" would happen about this.

Romek you do have a lot of interesting points.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, what drives the interesting points came from me.

I'm clueless about English. That's all there is to it.

I'm unsubscribing this.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Romek;1041462\ said:
I bet if somebody opened a "Straight Bar", it'd be closed down, and the owner would be charged for sexual discrimination.

unfortunaly, I think you're totally right about that one :banghead:

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
unfortunaly, I think you're totally right about that one :banghead:

Um, I think that's because it IS discrimination. At least, it is if it's in a public place. I'm fairly certain there are laws preventing discrimination based on sex, race, or orientation.

An all-gay bar would be closed down just as well. Albeit, because of the controversy surrounding "stopping "gay" rights and stuff" it may take a bit longer.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
In all of these cases, the title still fits. In all these cases though, the term is mainly used offensively, but I think they did it anyways since they figured nobody would take it under that context anyways.

"Queen" can be used as the dictionary states to insult a homosexual male (or simply call him very feminine), or it can mean a woman in power. The dictionary does not say a homosexual male in power.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>An all-gay bar would be closed down just as well

Bullsh*t. There are a lot of all-gay bars..

Undead Me

Reaction score
Oninuva, in no way to gay rights interfere with your rights. It is the right of gays to be able to marry the men they love. It is your right to marry the man or woman you love. It is both your right and the right of gays to be able to see their loved ones in hospitals when they are sick. It is your right and the right of gays to be able to serve in the military if you so choose. It is your right and the right of gays not to have to fear being the victim of a hate crime every time you leave your house.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Marriage should be part of religion. "Civil Unions" should be the generic term used with the legal system, and anyone and everyone can have a civil union happen between them.

Undead Me

Reaction score
That solution is ok with me kc102. The important thing is that the state recognize the same thing for both homosexual and heterosexual couples.

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
The dictionary does not say a homosexual male in power.

I don't think it says a homosexual male that's NOT in power either.

I mean, if its the case that they can only be called a queen if they're gay and not in power, then that means any homosexual person that has become the head of a school or management is no longer ever to be referred to as queen, because it is suddenly (more then it already was) out of context :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.