General - Modifying the Command Buttons Completely

simonake

Reaction score
np.
Just the way it was said...
No thanks, I'd rather do it myself.
Maybe i understood wrongly what you wanted to make me understood, do you know what i meant by 'custom keys' now?
It doesn't need to be imported into a map, it fit with all the map even if you just downloaded it.
That's why, its not exactly like your tutorial. :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, it's still very similar.
The text documents attached to the first post don't need to be imported either. You can replace the ones in the MPQ if you want.

> Just the way it was said...
Is there a problem with how it was said? o_O

simonake

Reaction score
>Is there a problem with how it was said? o_O

No, I misunderstood the way it was said.

And, i tried in my file, i can change the Tip but not the Ubertip, can they be changed even if they're not imported?

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
okay i know this might not be on the real topic but it fits in. how can you add abilities back say i made the unit classification to ward. what are the ways i can "Give" back attack and move and stop?

MindWorX

Reaction score
Just incase you've missed it
Object Editor->Units->Some unit
Combat - Attack # - Show UI
Hides the button, without disabling attack.

zoidbergZA

Reaction score
Hi, i've been trying to move the 'build' command button with this guys to a new position (1,1) but no matter what, i cant get it to move away from (0,2).

Can any1 help me solve this one plz?

lord999

Reaction score
How can I change the Damage and Armor Class ART-BUTTON??? (icon)

Like: Siege attack art, or Heavy armor art.

Thanks

SayNoToWar

Reaction score
Nice tutorial

All mapmakers should use this, cause normal hotkeys can be in conflict with normal ones always!
There are many different versions of wc3 and I dont think any mapmaker can check with all languages for key-conflicts... Every moveable unit with a custom ability can lead to a key-conflict casue the normal move-patrol-attack-move... abilitys can block the hotkey you use in some languages. So either your map is unfair for some languages or you use this.

Important:
Some things are MISSING in the file uploaded in the CommandStrings.txt in this topic. For me it gaves at some situations the message "Error message Missing".
To fix it use an up-to-date CommandStrings.txt. The one uploaded in this topic is for ROC and not for TFT

Rhadamant

Reaction score
I'm trying to move the build button/icon. I don't believe that this works for build, am I right?

Rhadamant

Reaction score
Nevermind. I was using WC3 Image Extractor and it was making BLPs that were incompatible with the game interface icons. Once I used BLP Lab and renamed the new icons of the name of the old icons it worked just fine. Usually WC3ImageExtrator works for me, strange.

Ace.Ventura

Reaction score
All mapmakers should use this, cause normal hotkeys can be in conflict with normal ones always!
There are many different versions of wc3 and I dont think any mapmaker can check with all languages for key-conflicts... Every moveable unit with a custom ability can lead to a key-conflict casue the normal move-patrol-attack-move... abilitys can block the hotkey you use in some languages. So either your map is unfair for some languages or you use this.
yes, added QWER-hotkeys to my map and now i have the problem that in the polish version the hotkey for "move" is on R....is there a way only to change the hotkey for "move"?? (it isnt used anyway...)

i dled the CommandStrings.txt and edited:
JASS:
[CmdMove]
Tip=M|cffffcc00o|rve
Ubertip="Orders your units to move to the target area, while ignoring enemy units and attacks. Issuing a move order onto a target unit will cause your unit to follow the target."
Hotkey=O

and delted all the other commands/text in the txt-file...but somehow i have all the other hotkeys from the english version now aswell, so is there a way only to change the hotkey for "move"?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.