General Wukong

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Another quick - ish signature, done on another LoL character called Wukong. The render is the Chinese Art of the General Wukong skin.

As always, thoughts, critique and suggestions are welcome. I couldn't think of a way to blend in text properly and I'll be especially happy to see suggestions on that.

Based on earlier critique, I've tried to keep the negative space to a minimum. I'm not sure I succeeded, as there are still boring elements to the sig, at least imo.

wukongsmudge.jpg

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
its awesome... i love how fierce he looks... but then again its another OP character, do something on a skill-type char... like nida transforming into a lion with a spear flying at you... that would be epic... all in all tho nice work man keep it up :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Lol. Another OP champ indeed XD (not gonna argue about the game here lol). I'm just doing sigs with champions I enjoy playing. As for nidalee with a spear etc, I'd need good renders for it, and unfortunately renders aren't that easy to find.

My next sig will probably be an ashe one, so you might like it.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
ya ashe is fun, simple hero but with skill epic... and i can immagine some epic ashe signatures with her ult somewhere in there

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The one thing that -really- bugs me the most is the left side part of the signature. The direction where the streak of brown is flowing is somewhat 'off' the direction your focal is. The lighting at the bottom center and the shadows on the render go together weirdly, I think putting the light source near the top right corner would make more sense for the render. And in my opinion, the shape of your signature is wonky, though that's probably just me lol.

I pointed out a bit that you might want to keep in mind, but it's definitely showing some good progress and work. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to seeing another sig soon!

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@Syndrome:

You're right on both counts. They're probably the only things wrong for me on the sig (apart from no text of course). The left side is weird and the lighting from the torch doesn't impact the render at all. It's not supposed to be strong enough, but smudging makes everything a bit brighter. I just need some more smudge practice.

@GFreak45:

I have a render with Ashe doing her W, but not her ult lol. I hope that satisfies you ;P. I dunno when i'll put up another sig, hopefully soon. Usually I run through 2-3 sigs a day and delete anything that doesn't satisfy me enough.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Side note: ew... Wukong. Not your signature, but the character. I just don't like the "Monkey King" or "Monkey Monk" or "Monkey That-Knows-How-To-Wield-Weapons-And-Talk" persona that media molests my eyeballs with. Just my opinion.

The following words are all on topic:
I'm not as much of a fan of this signature. It looks like you just took the picture and smudged everything that wasn't a part of Wukong. It doesn't look like you've done anything other than that.

On the good side of things. You have been consistent in creating a flow within the signatures, at least as far as I know. I've only seen this one and your Garen sig from you.

Also, your ability to create a lovely two pixel boarder is uncanny. (This is the part of my post where I feel as though I'm being to harsh and I try to make you feel a bit better by pointing out obviously very easy things and praise you for being able to do those easy things. :p)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ouch. Harsh much.

Side note: I disagree with you almost completely. Wukong as a champion in LoL is simply amazing. The general idea of a Monkey King isn`t all that bad either. I'd pay good money to see a monkey fight with a staff.

On topic:
You're right on most accounts, I used to make a whole lot of signatures, so I remember things like flow and lighting and whatnot. The things I've forgotten are specific techniques. Way's to do lighting and special effects and the like. Along with that, my general skill when it comes to smudging / brushing / other techniques like that are rusty, so you could say I'm practicing.

Thank you for the honest critique.

The part about the two pixel border is just silly though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.