Crime George Zimmerman found not guilty of murder in Trayvon Martin's death

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
130713201545-11-zimmerman-0713-horizontal-gallery.jpg

(CNN) -- George Zimmerman is not guilty of the murder of Trayvon Martin, a Florida jury decided late Saturday.

The fact that Zimmerman fired the bullet that killed Martin was never in question, but the verdict means the six-person jury had reasonable doubt that the shooting amounted to a criminal act.

The verdict caps a case that has inflamed passions for well over a year, much of it focused on race and gun rights.

The six-person jury -- all women -- basically had three choices: to find Zimmerman guilty of second-degree murder; to find him guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter; or to find him not guilty.

The jurors deliberated for 16½ hours total, including 13 on Saturday alone, before delivering its verdict.

Last edited:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
1. I don't understand why the media insists on covering stuff like this.
2. From what little I heard, there wasn't nearly enough evidence to convict.
3. I don't care much either way.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What is this about? Can somebody tell me? The article doesnt say anything...

Just read it up on wikipedia.

Wow, I would say he is guilty. After all, he shot a little kid, an unarmed little kid whom he was following.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Hmm "true or false" I don't know. But defense attorneys said the case was classic self-defense. And Martin knocked Zimmerman down and was slamming his head against the concrete when Zimmerman fired his gun.
Well, he should have been convicted with manslaughter at least.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what zimmerman said. As far as I read it up nobody can back up his statements. He wasnt harmed when the police found him and he wasnt bleeding either.
And neighboors heard the poor boy scream for help.

And by the way, if some strange old man is following you, you would be scared as fuck. I guess alot of teenagers would try to attack the guy just to be safe from some kind of pedophile.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> And neighboors heard the poor boy scream for help.

That is hotly disputed. There was someone heard screaming on a 911 call made while the attack was happening, but we do not know for sure which one of them it was.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Let court cases stay in court. Your personal opinion doesn't really amount to much when considering the fact that you have second hand information at best and were not part of the trial. As bad as you might think the justice system is; it was still a trial by jury, and a group of people were given the evidence and told to choose his sentence.

It is also important to note that "not guilty" doesn't mean that the man was in fact found free of the possibility of guilt; it means that they could not punish him without the possibility of being wrong.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Let court cases stay in court. Your personal opinion doesn't really amount to much when considering the fact that you have second hand information at best and were not part of the trial. As bad as you might think the justice system is; it was still a trial by jury, and a group of people were given the evidence and told to choose his sentence.

It is also important to note that "not guilty" doesn't mean that the man was in fact found free of the possibility of guilt; it means that they could not punish him without the possibility of being wrong.

the verdict is not the problem, the american laws are.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
o_O You use Wikipedia as a source? LOL
Didnt have a better source at hand, and, to be honest, I dont really care about this topic enough to really look for a better source.

I let it stay in court. I didnt go there and slapped the judge or the jury for the verdict. I didnt attack somebody nor did I file a lawsuit or anything.
I just said my personal opinion. If you dont want to read it, dont go to a public forum.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, according to what he says I can see any person defending themselves in a situation like this. Who really wants to go to jail for murder? It's funny how people are so insensitive for the defendant, and it always goes this way. As for the victim of the crime, it's a shitty situation but he may have not reacted in a way that could have prevented him from being killed. If he was being aggressive and the shooter felt like his life could be threatened (how do you know this guy doesnt have a gun/knife on them?) then he could probably feel the need to shoot, especially if he has never been in any situation like that before.

I don't know what happened in detail...but I haven't really been able to read any evidence not supporting self defense and his story has been pretty consistent, he also admitted he killed him as well. That's why this trial is going so well for him, and even after everything is done with it doesn't even matter if he goes to jail or not he will still be looked at as a criminal by the public and that will be worse than going to jail. He will be at more risk if anything now that he won't be going to jail for this.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he defended himself. But in my opinion some random guy who is not part of the police has no right to follow an innocent boy and shoot him.
That boy must have been really scared; some creepy white guy is following him. Maybe the gun of the shooter was even visible to the boy. And there are so many stories about pedophiles and kidnapping going around.

The boy probably thought he had a better chance of surviving if he tried to do the first move. Children always overestimate things.
And just imagine the case, that the white guy actually was a kidnapper and the boy beat him down and survived: he would have been a hero and hailed by the press. In the mind of a little kid this can be a very difficult decision.

I dont doubt the good intentions of the shooter, nor do I doubt, that he was attacked or anything. But I still dont think a man should be able to legally run around with a loaded weapon, follow children and shoot them when the children try to defend themselfs.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he defended himself. But in my opinion some random guy who is not part of the police has no right to follow an innocent boy and shoot him.
That boy must have been really scared; some creepy white guy is following him. Maybe the gun of the shooter was even visible to the boy. And there are so many stories about pedophiles and kidnapping going around.

The boy probably thought he had a better chance of surviving if he tried to do the first move. Children always overestimate things.
And just imagine the case, that the white guy actually was a kidnapper and the boy beat him down and survived: he would have been a hero and hailed by the press. In the mind of a little kid this can be a very difficult decision.

I dont doubt the good intentions of the shooter, nor do I doubt, that he was attacked or anything. But I still dont think a man should be able to legally run around with a loaded weapon, follow children and shoot them when the children try to defend themselfs.

He is 17 years old, still a teenager but hes not really that young.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how many stupid 17 year olds are running around? I would say 17 year olds are probably even more stupid then a 7 year old. At least when it comes to trying to be a badass and stand your ground.
A young kid would have run away and cried for his mother; a teenager thinks he is a power ranger and attacks the stranger who is following him.
Not saying that a stupid kid shouldnt be punished, but shot dead?

The white guy has no right to shoot a kid, even if the kid attacked him without a reason.
Sure he can fight back, but shoot him?! Can you not fight without killing people?
What is that guy? A disabled person? Could he not wrestle down a teenager?

You want somebody this weak to patrol the streets? Somebody who couldnt even defend himself from an unarmed kid?

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just a shitty situation. I think they reached the only truly reasonable outcome given the way our justice system is designed, but it's just shitty that a kid lost his life over it. Also pretty shitty how much attention the media has put onto the case considering how often situations similar to these tend to occur... almost makes you wonder what's so special about this one.

And, just read that there may be a civil suit to follow for Zimmerman.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.