Crime George Zimmerman found not guilty of murder in Trayvon Martin's death

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand this color nonsense. If I say somebody is white, then because his skin has a light tone. There is no ethnicity connected to it. I dont care from which country the person is from; be it sweden, spain, japan, canada, whatever.
If I say somebody has a darker skin tone I am not referring to african american people, or people from africa or wherever. Its plain and simple, somebody with a darker skin tone.
Hispanic is not a color and Latino is not a color either. How can somebody say the man isnt white? What is his skin color then? Beige?

Maybe you people from america see this different, but for me there is no information about a persons cultural background in these words...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
OMFG ^ George Zimmerman has "medium brown skin color"

BTW: Why in the world, do people pretending he's white eh!?
It's Just a racially "pushed publicity stunt" that the media loves alot.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just googled that and I was baffled to see, that this is an actual phrase; lol.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Just googled that and I was baffled to see, that this is an actual phrase; lol.

Which one? Medium brown?

I dont understand this color nonsense. If I say somebody is white, then because his skin has a light tone. There is no ethnicity connected to it. I dont care from which country the person is from; be it sweden, spain, japan, canada, whatever.
If I say somebody has a darker skin tone I am not referring to african american people, or people from africa or wherever. Its plain and simple, somebody with a darker skin tone.
Hispanic is not a color and Latino is not a color either. How can somebody say the man isnt white? What is his skin color then? Beige?
Maybe you people from america see this different, but for me there is no information about a persons cultural background in these words...

Well, in America people can usually tell what colors are associated with a race. Like, caucasians are usually tied with a white tone, Hispanics a medium brown tone... African Americans, dark brown tone ...etc

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, medium brown. Sounds odd to me.

What with a caucasian who sat for too long in the sun? Will he become a hispanic in your eyes? Does it make it any different how you think about this person?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Yes, medium brown. Sounds odd to me.

What with a caucasian who sat for too long in the sun? Will he become a hispanic in your eyes? Does it make it any different how you think about this person?

No, now youre just overthinking it. You can tell who a tan white person is by facial complex. Sounds kinda funny huh?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
So when I say "there is a white man" you say it is impossible, that I might be talking about a hispanic?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
So when I say "there is a white man" you say it is impossible, that I might be talking about a hispanic?

I'm not arguing about the fact he could be white. I'm merely saying he looks hispanic. Whatever you're trying to argue about is stupid. It's dumb people say that he's racist for killing a black kid, it wouldn't have mattered if he was hispanic, but now that hes WHITE, it's clearly a hate crime and he should go to prison forever. I really don't care about what color he is, or what color the victim is. It's funny how a country that wants to advance so much like eliminate racism, sexism, and gay haters, yet a white guy kills a black kid and it's a big deal. This country is getting nowhere.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What? I didnt say he was a racist.
I genuinely believe he didnt want to kill the kid. He still did and in my opinion he should be punished for it.

The discussion about him being white or not is a result of another stupid remark from firecat about 2 pages earlier.

FireCat said:
Zimmerman isn't even white.. Just saying

FireCat

Reaction score
Nothing stupid about that! And stop being stupid Accname
BTW: He still Isn't white!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
What? I didnt say he was a racist.
I genuinely believe he didnt want to kill the kid. He still did and in my opinion he should be punished for it.

The discussion about him being white or not is a result of another stupid remark from firecat about 2 pages earlier.

I know you didn't, but I think it's funny that the public constantly attacks him saying he killed him for being black when it was purely wrong place, wrong time, wrong person, and wrong whatever he did to provoke the gunshots. Game over, kid (talking about the victim).

As for punishment, yes he should but in my opinion only under certain circumstances. If X, Y, and Z are all true (being factors that contributed to his self defense and reasoning for shooting the kid), then he should be good. I don't want the guy to go to prison for murder though, he didn't really MURDER him. He killed him yeah, but I really don't think it was a pre-meditated attack against a child. I also just find it kind of odd that a white man who has no criminal record and is known as a good person just happens to kill a 17 year old black kid who has been known for committing crimes, and the white man deserves life. I don't believe that crap at all, something happened to provoke him.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, maybe this wouldnt have happened if the kid was white. Who knows.
After all, he was wrongfully thinking the kid was a criminal.
One can not rule out the possibility of racism; but there is no indication to me that this is the case.

By the way: Firecat, you are a racist.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, maybe this wouldnt have happened if the kid was white. Who knows.
After all, he was wrongfully thinking the kid was a criminal.
One can not rule out the possibility of racism; but there is no indication to me that this is the case.

By the way: Firecat, you are a racist.

How can you rule out the possibility of racism when it just shouldn't even be a factor though? A country against racism shouldn't harass him for racism when there's nothing that proves he's racist. Yet it happens anyways, because the public says he's racist, and now even though he's innocent for murder, he will still be a racist killer in the public's eyes. His life is pretty much ruined at this point, just like Casey Anthony's was.

Anyways, don't argue about him being racist, or not being racist, or whatever comes next. It's all speculation, and there's no reason to debate. I don't post to debate, I post to share my opinion.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont agree with people calling him racist. There is no reason for that.
If his life is ruined or not, I cannot say. I dont think everybody on earth will recognize him or know about the incident. If he is hated that much at home he can always leave and try a new start somewhere else. After all, would you like to live in a neighborhood where you killed a little innocent kid? I think he is screwed either way.

Edit: @Firecat: Because of what you say and how you react. You try your hardest to convince us, that the skin color of this person is not white. As if you are scared of him being called white. As if you fear we would dare say he is people or something.

FireCat

Reaction score
Color has NOTHING to do with racism. But he Isn't white! But you really want to convince everyone he is.

article-2135271-12C4F4CA000005DC-349_634x450.jpg

Student: George Zimmerman is pictured making a pizza in a home economics class at Osbourn High School in Manassas, Virginia in 2000

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont agree with people calling him racist. There is no reason for that.
If his life is ruined or not, I cannot say. I dont think everybody on earth will recognize him or know about the incident. If he is hated that much at home he can always leave and try a new start somewhere else. After all, would you like to live in a neighborhood where you killed a little innocent kid? I think he is screwed either way.

Edit: @Firecat: Because of what you say and how you react. You try your hardest to convince us, that the skin color of this person is not white. As if you are scared of him being called white. As if you fear we would dare say he is people or something.

I think his family has no problem and knows he was in a fucked up situation. But yeah, hes screwed. People against him will make his life a lot more difficult now.

Color has NOTHING to do with racism. But he Isn't white! But you really want to convince everyone he is.

It's perspective. Color has a lot to do with racism, but merely saying somebody is white or black doesn't make them racist, it's purely an observation. Saying something like, "I hate black people because, well I just don't like them" is racist. He doesn't appear to be white to you, and he doesn't appear to be white to me, but he looks white to Accname. Maybe Accname hasn't seen as many hispanic/latino people as we have to make a connection, and that's fine. You may be racist, but you haven't said anything to prove that you are.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.