Sci/Tech Get money for your crappy old phones

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
ecoatm-kiosk.jpg

Brush off those dusty old electronics and broken phones sitting in a drawer. EcoATM has raised $17 million for its electronics recycling “ATM” kiosks, which give you money for handing over old phones, MP3 players, and even laptops.

“They’ve got a great business model, [with the] idea of having kiosks that are convenient for consumers. They are constantly updating their price estimates for devices, so you know you are getting the best pricing for your 18 month-old Android phone,” said Hawks during a phone call with VentureBeat. “They have a stellar management team and have a great way to monetize the value of old devices.”

“[There are] 50 units in the field now, and we plan to deploy nationwide. We will be buying kiosks to deploy and building our infrastructure of sales and marketing,” said Tullie about how the company will use the funding.

Read more at VentureBeat.com.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is so cool! There is no place where I live that you can do something like this and I hope this really catches on.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Great idea! I loved how you can recycle your cell phone every 18 months or so.

Wished these kiosks can start appearing worldwide.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
Woohoo now I can steal phones and not worry about how I'm going to sell them...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.